Sunday, March 16, 2008

Side Note

I just had to add on one funny story to the last post. I am the activity leader for the 8 and 9 year old girls at church. I was holding the door open one day for the girls and my friend and her daughter came walking in. My friend was laughing. It was her daughter's first time coming, and as they were getting out of the car her daughter had said, "mom, how old is everyone that comes here?" Her mom said, "8 and 9 years old." Her daughter then responded, "Well that girl holding the door open looks at least 11!" She then had to tell her daughter that I was the leader, not one of the other girls coming to activity days, and I was far older then 11 years old.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so funny. the other day i was picking up brode from a birthday party and the mother of the birthday boy said. Brode your sister is here to get you. Brode is 6 so that would make me....? I had to laugh when i said.. um I am his mom. Sadie

Rachel said...

This is so funny! I haven't seen you in a few years so I still picture you as a young woman, so I can totally see where they are coming from. I am totally kidding but I am sure you will love it when your 35 and everyone thinks you are the golden age of 25!

AJ and Cindy said...

haha why do things like that keep happening to you? lol I don't think you look THAT young! haha if it makes you feel any better, for the first couple months when I started going to the STake YW activities I had people asking me if I was a Young Women or a leader.

Linda said...

Lucky you, Diana! You've inherited Grandma Shurtliff's youthful good looks. Everyone used to think she and Grandma Park were sisters!

Babzanne Barker said...

I remember Mom telling me how people thought her and Grandma Shurtliff were sisters, and Mom was not a bit happy about that! (When I was teaching school at Clearfield HS, several times I was told I was in the wrong lunch line (the teachers line) and should go over and join the rest of the students.)

Bethany said...

Hee hee!

Someone asked me if I were older than 16 the other day. I laughed.

I don't think I would laugh if it happened to me regularly, though.