Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Day at the Zoo

This is week is Spring Break. On Monday we decided to go to the zoo. Kristalyn, Mason, my mom, Michael, Katie, the kids and I, and our friends Penny and Maddy all went. It was the perfect day to go, because it was so nice outside. The kids always have fun going to the zoo. Here are some cute pictures of our day. The first one is of Tori comparing her hand print with the Lions paws. Levi and Mason loved the animals. They would always run to the wall and put their head right up under the railing. It was so cute. They would just sit there and stare at the animals. We just took our time going through everything. That is the great thing about having a zoo membership. You don't have to feel rushed to see everything.
Here are my kiddos. You can't tell, but they are in front of the giraffe exhibit. Before we got to the zoo I asked Tori what her favorite animal was. Without even thinking she said, "the giraffes, just like Cindy."
We had two wagons to pull around all the kiddos in. Wagons are the perfect thing to bring to the zoo, because the kids are always wanting to get out and look at the animals, and it makes it so convenient.

Here is Katie with my kids in front of the polar bear exhibit. Levi and Mason were fascinated by the water. They stared at it forever! IT was so funny, because the bears weren't even in there!
I love this picture of Levi. He just sat there for the longest time with his head in his hands staring at this animal. (I can't remember which animal it was).
Here are Alexis and Tori. They both insisted on wearing skirts and flip flops. I am glad it was nice outside!
Alexis loved looking at the map and trying to figure out how to get places. Here she is trying to find where the elephants are.

WE can't go to the zoo without a ride on the Carousel and the train!




It was a fun day at the zoo. I am sure we will be going back a lot this summer.

5 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Yay! All my checking your blog a million times a day has paid off! I love all the pics, and I am so happy Alexis remembers I love giraffes..how does she know that?? I want to be able to go with you guys sometime, too!

Kristalyn said...

I'm so glad that you got the cord! That was a really fun day, the weather was just perfect! We'll have to go a lot this summer. It's so nice to come to your blog and see pictures!

Linda said...

Yes! Pictures, finally! And they are such good ones!

Mars said...

your kids are getting so big & are so so cute! I'm glad you guys had a nice day to go to the zoo. I feel fortunate to have nice weather all year long (well minus the 100+ degree temps which I don't consider nice but now I think I'd take that over snow storms)

Linsi said...

Looks like they had lots of fun on the carousel. I like the wagon idea--fun and convenient.