Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Birthday

I had a great Birthday this year. On Friday night Brandon and I went out to eat with our good friends Ben and Stacy. We don't get to see them nearly enough, so it was so much fun to catch up with them. They will be welcoming their first baby this July (it's a boy!). We are so happy for them. Saturday was my actual Birthday. All growing up on our Birthdays my mom would always have a Birthday table set up when we woke up. It would have a birthday table cloth, our cake, and presents. It always made me feel so special, so it is something that I have continued to do for our kids. I was very happy to wake up to my own birthday table, set up by Brandon. That morning I went shopping for some new clothes at Kohls, because my mom and Brandon's mom both gave me gift certificates. I was so excited to find out they were having a huge sale, so I got a ton of cute stuff. The rest of the day Brandon, and the kids and I just hung around the house watching movies. We watched, Enchanted (love it), the new Nancy Drew movie (so cute), and Mr. Magorians Wonder Emporium (could have been better.) It was so much fun to just hang out with my family. After the movies the kids and Brandon "secretly" went into the kitchen and a few minutes later they came walking in carrying my cake and singing Happy Birthday. They were so cute, I had to snap a picture.

The kids all wanted to help me blow out the candles.
Now onto my favorite present. I have been working on our "2007 Family Yearbook" for months and months. I finished it about a month ago, but because of all the pages it turned out to be pretty expensive. I told Brandon that is all I wanted for my birthday. It came a few days before my Birthday and it was torture not being able to open it. It was well worth the wait though. It turned out better then I could have ever imagined! For anyone who is interested, the website that I made it on is http://picaboo.com/. This is year I am going a different route and doing a blog book through http://www.blurb.com/.
After that I can decide which one I like best. I am so excited with how it turned out. Here are a few pictures of it:

All in all it was a great Birthday!

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

THat almost made me cry to see the birthday table set up by Brandon, how sweet! (he may need to talk to AJ about that...) lol and your book looks great! I can't wait to see it in person. I want to see p ics of your new dresses!

Babzanne Barker said...

What a fun birthday you had! I'm glad Brandon and the kids made it so special.