Sunday, August 26, 2012
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
A half a year has gone by since our sweet Scarlett joined our family. She has brought nothing but pure joy to our family. (Well maybe a few sleepless nights too, but that's OK) Scarlett is growing and changing so much every day. She has her own personality and is so much fun. Here are some things we want to remember about Scarlett at six months:
- She doesn't have her 6 months appointment until next week, but when I weighed her at home she was 15 pounds on the dot.
- She is wearing 3-6 month clothes and some 6-9 month.
- She's in size 2 diapers.
- She seems to have gotten a lot taller because all of her jammies suddenly didn't fit overnight! She had to wear onsies for jammies for a few days until I could get to the store to get some new jammies that fit!
- She is now rolling all over the place. I put her under her play mat and in a matter of minutes she has rolled across the room to whatever she had her eye on to play with. This also poses some problems at bed time though. I will lay her down and after a few minutes I hear her making all sorts of noises. When I check on her she is happy as a clam playing on her tummy. I roll her back to her back, and after a few times doing this she will finally fall asleep.
- She is still waking up a few times a night.
- She starts out in her crib, but then after she wakes up I move her into the play pen in our room.
- She started doing this really loud squeal. She will do it over and over until we look over at her and then she will burst into the hugest grin.
- She loves to be outside. When I go running she grins and smiles the whole time as I push her in the stroller.
- She loves to grab onto whatever is in front of her.
- When I give her a bath she loves to suck on the washcloth. I will start to wash her face and she will immediately grab the washcloth and start sucking away!
- She recently discovered her toes, and loves to play with them.
- She has tried sweet potatoes, peas, bananas, oatmeal and rice cereal. The rice cereal didn't agree with her, so we are just doing oatmeal now. She loves sweet potatoes and bananas. I started bananas and peas really close together and one of them isn't agreeing with her so I have stopped those and will introduce them one at a time to see what one is OK. I have been making her baby food and am loving it
- She still has a little patch of hair on the top of her hair, that looks like a comb over if I don't put anything in it =)
- This past month I have started calling Scarlett "Scarly" and "Scarly Scar" It's funny the nicknames that just develop =)
- Scarlett is still a binky girl through and through =)
I did a little 6 month photo shoot with Scarlett. I love how they turned out!
Alexis was such a big help getting her to smile. She is also such a big help with Scarlett. Scarlett loves her so much and Alexis can always get her to calm down if she is crying. She loves to get her to sleep and put her in her bed for her naps. We're still working on the diaper changing =)
Here are some pictures I got of her sucking her washcloth one night in her bath. Her facial expressions crack me up!
Here she is playing with her toes. I love it!
She loves playing with cousin Jack since he has been here all Summer. They will smile and smile at each other. They both have grabbed each other's hair on occasion and the other day Scarlett stole Jack's binky and stuck it in her mouth. We will be so sad when Katie, Forrest and him go back to Provo next week =(
This past month we also got to have all four of the baby cousins together again at the family reunion. It will be fun to continue to get pictures of the all together as they grow older.
I love this brown head band but I don't have her wear it too often because on more then one occasion I have had people make comments that when they first glanced at her they thought she just had a huge blob of hair in the front! haha
Scarlett loves books. Not to read, but to chew on =)
She is still the source of a lot of entertainment for the kids. Alexis decided to put her in the laundry basket one day and carry her around. I know Scarlett doesn't look amused but she actually really liked it =) The funny thing is, I have a picture of Alexis when she was about the same age in a basket full of laundry.
This same day Alexis decided to do some other funny photos:
We sure love our little Scarlett =)
Posted by Diana Bronson at 9:10 PM