Sunday, January 13, 2008

Levi's Big Boy Bed

So we decided to set up the toddler bed for Levi. When we were setting it up he was really excited that it was actually his bed! Then we told him that he got to sleep in that bed now at night time. Well that changed his whole perspective. He didn't want anything to do with that. So I was a little nervous when it became time for him to go to bed. I got him all ready for bed, and then he slowly climbed up into it. As you can tell in the first two pictures he looks quite nervous. I was nervous as well. So we did our nightly routine of turning on the lamp, turning on his songs to listen to, putting all of his blankets on and saying prayers. I slowly began to walk out thinking he was going to come jumping off and running after me.
But he didn't. This is him when I went to check on him about a half hour later.
He still is adjusting though. For example. He doesn't quite understand that he can actually climb out of it by himself. When he woke up I heard him crying in his room, so I went in there and he was standing straight up on top of it reaching for me. That is what he always used to do in his crib. It was so cute =). It was sad to put the crib away. But exciting to enter a whole new stage with him.

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

How cute! I can just imagine him! is that the blanket you made him for Christmas?? how exciting he is in a big boy bed now!

Babzanne Barker said...

He sure does looky comfy in that bed! Hopefully he won't figure out he can climb out for quite awhile!