Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Deceptively Delicious


I have discovered something brilliant. Why didn't I think of this? It is a cookbook called "Deceptively Delicious" It is written by Jerry Seinfield's wife, Jessica. She, like myself was dealing with children who refused to eat vegetables. Finally one day while pureeing squash for her baby and making mac n cheese for the rest of the family she decided at the spur of the moment to slip in some of the pureed squash into the mac n cheese. She nervously fed her children dinner, and they didn't even notice! They ate it all up without one complaint. This was where she came up with the idea for "Deceptively Delicious" In the book there are instructions for several different vegetable purees, and fruit ones as well. Then there are several different yummy recipes that include the purees. All of which are healthy and kid friendly. So your family is still getting the healthy vegetables and fruits. I am so excited to try this out. I have been really trying to feed my kids healthier foods, but they only like a few vegetables. Anyone who knows Brandon knows he is not a fan of vegetables either, so we will see if it works for him too. I will let you know how it turns out. I just wanted to tell anyone who has struggled with picky eaters that there is still hope!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I want that book!

Kristalyn said...

I can't wait for you to try some of those recipes and tell us how they are!! Your family is going to be so healthy if it works!

Linsi said...

I saw an interview with jessica about this book and i thought it looked like a fun way to add veggies! do your kids like the recipes?
linsi

Linda said...

I saw her on Oprah and I want to try out her ideas. I'm not a fan of cooked vegetables, so I plan to be my first guinea pig!

Z. Marie said...

I once pureed a can of squash and put it in lasagna. Kevin never would have been the wiser if I hadn't mentioned it. So here's a tip: Don't tell Brandon what he's eating! What they don't know won't hurt them.