Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Binky Update

I just wanted to give a quick update on the Binky situation. As I stated in an earlier post, we decided it was time to take the Binky (or B) away from Levi. We have had several days full of tears, especially in the car. This is what usually happens in the car. We start out fine. A few minutes in the car I hear, "B?" from the back seat. This is followed by me saying, "you can't have your B right now Levi." A few seconds pass and again..."B?", followed by me saying "Levi where is your B?." He then says sadly, "bye, bye". A few more seconds pass, and I once again hear, "B?", followed by me saying, "Levi you are not getting your B until you have a nap." Things usually escalated from here. The rest of the car ride consists of "mama B!" , "No Levi."..."MAMA B!" (tears begin to flow). "Levi, I do not have your B. It is on your dresser, and you can have it when you have your nap." "MAAAMAAA B!" (sobs now are starting). You get the idea. Today we had sort of a breakthrough. I had to wake up Levi so that we could go get Alexis from school. I picked him up and carried him out to the car, all the while not even realizing that his Binky was still in his mouth. As I was buckling him in his seat. He suddenly took his Binky out of his mouth and surprisingly said "B!". He had realized that I forgot to ask him for it and freely handed it over. I felt so proud of him! I think we may make it through this after all.

2 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

Yay, Levi! You are getting to be such a big boy. Grandma and Grandpa are very proud of you!!

Linda said...

It's always hardest on the mom.