Monday, January 21, 2008

Bunk Bed Tent

Today I had a little luncheon with my sister and our good friends Karly and Brittny. It was so much fun. While we were eating the kids wandered upstairs and other then a few little crashes, we didn't hear from them. Alexis then came down to tell us to come up and see what they had made. It was a tent! Notice the blankets they used? They are the ones that I made them for Christmas. I am glad they came in handy for something! Well as the day went on the tent eventually was demolished. Tonight after they had their bath I let them play for a little bit before bedtime. I went in there to get them to bed, and I saw that the tent was once again back up. I heard some giggles coming from inside so I opened it up, and look at the little cuties staring back at me!
I of course had to go grab my camera and then make them reenact the whole thing, so I could take pictures. I am so glad that they always have so much fun playing together. When I was growing up, I remember making some of these same tents on Me and Cindy's bunk bed. They would stay up for quite a while. I even remember pinning some of the blankets to the ceiling so they would stay. I am glad that my kids are making some of the same fun memories that I have.

5 comments:

Z. Marie said...

I'm guessing that's why Laura really wants bunk beds ...

Kristalyn said...

That is the cutest picture of them having fun in their tent! That's so neat that they have so much fun together...I hope that Mason and his brother can be the same way...and I'm glad that Mason can join in the fun with your kids. He really loves coming over to play!

AJ and Cindy said...

How cute! i totally remembering doing that when we were younger and it was like the coolest thing ever! I miss your kids!

Aspen said...

I love the blankets that you make. All three of my girls have enjoyed the one that you made for me when Kylie was born. Brynlie was just using it today!

Kari said...

I want to see some pics of Brittny and Karlys babies!! Tell them to start blogs!