Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween!

Yesterday was Halloween and it was perfect! With a huge cold front coming in today, I am so grateful that it was so nice outside yesterday. Here are our kiddos dressed up in their costumes. Tori was a fairy, Levi a ninja, and Alexis a pirate. This picture is actually one that I took on Friday before we left for their school's harvest festival, but it is my favorite =)



Here they are yesterday on our way over to the church for trunk or treat.






When we got there Alexis quickly found some friends and ran off with them. We ran into Harmony. It was so fun to see her in her cute simba costume. Tori went around to the cars with her and loved it. Levi stuck with daddy, and who knows where Alexis was! lol





Trunk or treat only lasted around a half an hour and they we headed over to see grandma, grandpa and Michael. I love this picture of them running to the door. They were so excited. This excitement continued all throughout the night.








I don't know if my mom will like this picture, but I just love it! =)









After leaving grandma and grandpa's house we headed over to see nana and papa.



After visiting with them we decided to stick in their neighborhood to do some more trick or treating. It turned out to be a good choice because their neighbors all gave out huge handfuls and even a giant candy bar at one house. Our kids were in candy heaven! It was so much fun to watch them trick or treat. They were all so sweet and polite at each house, and they always took turns ringing the doorbell (their favorite part)



We told the kids that if a house didn't have their porch light on then they couldn't go up to it, because those people probably didn't want trick or treaters coming. Well they didn't see a light on at one house and started to pass by it. When Brandon and I caught up with them and saw this set-up outside we told them it was probably OK to go there =)


Brandon and I were excited to see this stone wall in between two houses so we could sit for a second.






After going out for about an hour, the kids were practically dragging their bags behind them, so we decided to call it a night.




We got home around 8, which is usually when they are in bed. But counting and sorting the candy is always the best part so we had to let them do that real quick. I can not believe how much candy they got! They picked out the kinds they didn't like and put them in a bowl for Brandon and I, and then hid their candy bags from us! haha Luckily Levi isn't a very good hider. This morning I was really wanting a reese's peanut butter cup, and quickly found his bag to satisfy my craving. I am sure he won't mind =)



Another Halloween has come and gone. Brandon and I were talking about how we probably only have a few more years where Alexis wants to go with us and not her friends so we treasure these memories!









4 comments:

Mars said...

Love your kid's costumes! I miss those days. At least once you have kids you kind of get to re-live it over again :) That's funny you found his candy and were able to satisfy your craving :)

Babzanne Barker said...

Your kids are the perfect age right now for having fun together--what a great night!

Katie said...

Cutest costumes! They got so much candy. You can send any extra out here to me :)

Annie said...

I love that picture of your mom. What a great lady!