Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Pumpkin carving, I admit, has never been my favorite thing to do. I kept putting it off this year, so I was happy when Brandon's mom called and asked if we wanted to come over Saturday night for a last minute Halloween party, and to carve pumpkins. You will have to excuse the poor quality cell phone pictures. I was so bummed that I forgot my camera but still wanted to capture the moment. These pictures are kind of out of order too.

Here is Brandon hurrying to get Levi's scary faced pumpkin carved before we had to leave for the adult session of Stake Conference.
The girls were so excited to carve theirs by themselves. I tried to step in and help was was quickly shooed away, lol.

Nana ended up helping Tori with hers a little =)
Here they are digging out the pumpkin guts. Levi's facial expression cracks me up. He had just had a good smell of the inside of the pumpkin and you can tell that it totally grossed him out! You'll notice that the girls pumpkins are the painted ones from Levi's party. They talked Nana into washing all the paint off once they had cleaned them all out.
There's a smile! He finally got used to it after a while, and after daddy told him to toughen up =)

See what I mean by these pictures being out of order? lol Here are Alexis and Tori before we began.

Brandon and I had to leave for conference before they were finished carving, but here are their finished masterpieces. From left to right we have, Alexis's goofy faced pumpkin (kind of hard to tell until it is lit), Tori's kitty, and Levi's scary faced one.


1 comments:

Celeste said...

What cool pumpkins. I love the finished products but hate actually carving them. =)