Monday, October 24, 2011

Traditions!

I love traditions =) For as long as I can remember, my mom has always planned a fun Halloween dinner around Halloween time. It is a great memory that I hold dear from my childhood, and it has been so much fun to watch my kids create memories of their own! Each year, my mom adds more and more to make it a great evening. This year she sent each of the kids personal invitations in the mail. They absolutely love to get mail, and so when a card came for each of them one day they were so thrilled. When we got to my parent's house, my mom had goody bags for them to decorate. They loved this.








While they decorated their bags, we finished getting things ready for the feast.








There was a great spread of yummy food. Some of the things on the menu were, mummy dogs, bat wings, eyeballs, skeleton bones, slime, and witches blood! Sounds yummy, doesn't it? =)



Here are mom and Michael finishing up baking the beetles =)




Another great hit of the night was the costume box that my mom got out for the kids. It was full of all sorts of costumes that have been accumulated over the years. The kids had a blast coming up with all different kinds of fun and unique costumes.


































My sister has been wanting me to post a belly picture, so here is one! Here I am 23 and a half weeks along with baby number 4 =) Michael took the picture, and although he did cut off my belly a little bit, you get the gist of it =)



After we all got stuffed from dinner we sang a few Halloween songs while our food settled and then it was time to go trick-or-treating! My mom bought all kinds of candy and then handed some out to each of the adults and had us go to different places in the house for the kids to come around trick-or-treating. This picture makes me smile. I warned the four of them that I was taking a picture and even counted to 3 a few times. It looks like my grandpa Park was the only one ready with a smile =) I love how my grandma is sneaking a taste of some of the goodies. I know I get my major sweet tooth from her =)





Here's Brandon trying to get in on some of the goods a head of time too =) First stop was uncle Reed.









Then Grandpa....



Then Great Grandpa Park and GG Then onto Great Grandpa Barker and Emmy.....
Then daddy!
Those are all of the pictures I got of them trick=or=treating because I had to hurry to my spot (the bathroom, haha) and wait for them to come trick-or-treating to me. Grandma and Michael were upstairs too for them to come to. The kids loved it =)





We finished off the night with yummy dirt and worms and eyeball brownies. We were all so stuffed still but managed to eat a little. I love all of Michael's funny facial expressions lately =)





Following in Uncle Michael's footsteps....


What a fun party and a great start to the Halloween festivities!

7 comments:

Daniel said...

i love your traditions! i miss colorado :)

Celeste said...

That is such a great idea! I love the food and and the fun tradition!

AJ and Cindy said...

um, this looks like so much fun! and I am sad that we couldn't be there for it :( but what a fun thing for you guys. that pic of the grandparents is the best! I wasn't going to do my halloween meal this year, but now I want to!

Kristalyn said...

Aww how fun! Halloween dinner is really going to have to be a tradition for all of us...I guess i better start planning. :) You look so cute in your belly picture! :) I hope you can find out what you're having soon!

Kristalyn said...

PS i forgot about that weird clown/vampire mask..haha that is so funny. :)

AJ and Cindy said...

oh yeah and your belly picture is so cute! You are looking great!! :)

Katie said...

You look so good! I was so excited to finally see a picture of you. But this looks like so much fun, I wish we could be there! Mom really goes all out now doesn't she?! And did you get assigned the bathroom in case you got sick? Hehe just kidding