Saturday, October 29, 2011

Tender Mercies

Lately I have been feeling discouraged, a little disconnected in my prayers. It has been frustrating and something I am trying to work on. I know Heavenly Father sends us tender mercies when we need them so that we know that he is there and that we are not alone. I had a sweet experience this past week that I wanted to remember so that when I start feeling the way I have been feeling it can bring me comfort. It isn't a huge thing, some may think it is kind of silly but I know it was a direct answer to prayer.

I had packed a lunch for Brandon to take to work. I have been doing that to save on money and this day was no different. He has forgotten his lunch in the past, and it hasn't been too big of a deal because he would just stop and pick up something to eat. Well this particular day was a few days before pay day. There were no extra funds available for him to stop and get something, and so after he left when I walked in the kitchen and saw his lunch sitting on the counter my heart sunk a little. His cell phone is currently MIA so I couldn't call him really quick, and he was supposed to stay late at work so he really needed to have something to eat. I sat down in the front room worrying about what to do, and I said a quick prayer, praying that there was some way for Brandon to remember that he forgot his lunch and come back and get it before he got all the way to work (he doesn't work close by) Well a few minutes later I heard the door knob jiggle and I was so relieved that they had come back (the kids were with him because he takes them to school on his way to work every day) I jumped up to help with the door, and when I opened it I saw Tori standing there. She said "Dad forgot his lunch!" Well it turns out as they were driving along Tori had suddenly asked Brandon "Dad do you have your lunch?" This had to be around the time I said my prayer. Tori never has asked him this before, and it was totally out of the blue. That is how I know it was a direct answer to my prayers. I am so grateful that my sweet Tori was so in tune with the spirit that she was able to hear the promptings of the holy ghost that morning. It was such a little and simple thing, but yet really touched me. Heavenly Father does hear my prayers, even the little ones. I am so grateful for my sweet children. MY patriarchal blessing says that through my children my faith will be increased and my testimony will grow and I know that is so true. =)

6 comments:

Daniel said...

I love read this post, sometimes i feel tha same too, but God is always listening our prayers never mind if it is a big or small prayer. :)

Lynsey said...

What a wonderful way to be reminded that Heavenly Father does hear our prayers. :)

Celeste said...

What a sweet experience! I love those tender mercies. You're wise to record them.

Tammy said...

That is a wonderful story Diana. Heavenly Father does give us tender mercies each day. That is a neat blessing you have too. :)

Katie said...

That is so sweet. I'm glad you were able to have one of those tender mercies :)

Kristalyn said...

This made me cry. Thank you for sharing it! How special for Tori to be able to use the gift of the Holy Ghost she just received and be so responsive to it. I'm so glad that your prayer was able to be answered so quickly!