Monday, November 7, 2011

Flashback to....Saint Patrick's Day

When I was looking through all of our pictures I came across some cute pictures from Saint Patrick's day that I had to post. Alexis set up a trap to try and catch some leprechauns. I thought it was really quite clever! She made some fake gold, tied it to the end of a ruler, and positioned it underneath a basket, so that if the leprechaun tried to grab the "gold" it would knock the ruler down causing the basket to trap it.


When the kids woke up the next morning they found the front room in complete disarray. The leprechaun managed to get away but left behind some "gold" and a big mess to clean up! =)

This year I decided to make some green eggs, and see if the kids would brave eating them.

This was Levi's reaction:


Alexis was happy to try them! I think I got Tori to try one bite =)



They all loved the green punch though!
















I can't remember why, but for some reason we weren't able to have our "green dinner" on the actual night of Saint Patrick's day, so we had it the next night instead. We had Pizza (with the crust dyed green) broccoli, Caesar salad, and sprite.
















Saint Patrick's day is a fun simple holiday. The kids get so excited about it, and look forward to it every year! =)

4 comments:

Lynsey said...

You are so creative!! I love how you do such fun things to celebrate holidays.

Celeste said...

I've never thought of making green pizza. Great idea! That was a clever trap Alexis made.

Katie said...

How creative! I love Levi's face. and Lexi is so clever. That green pizza looks so good!

haha, when I was reading this, I forgot it was from March, and saw the last picture and was like "wow, diana doesn't even look pregnant!~"

Babzanne Barker said...

What a fun house you have! Your kids are lucky!! (and you can tell they know it and love it!)