Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Our Snow Angels

It was so nice to wake up today to news that school was cancelled! The new charter school that we started at is in Douglas County, and that county is know for having a lot of snow days. The kids were thrilled for a day off , and I was thrilled to sleep in! Later in the afternoon after the snow stopped, the kids bundled up and headed outside to play. I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures. They played out there for well over an hour and had a blast.



My favorite =)





I was in the kitchen and I heard a knock at the back door. I looked over to see Levi proudly holding is "pointy headed" snow ball as he called it. =)



A few minutes later I looked out to see Alexis building a little snowman on the picnic table. I think she did a pretty good job! Now every time I sit at the kitchen table it is sitting there staring right at me through the patio door! haha




I am trying to be better about capturing the fun moments of them having fun just being kids =) They are counting on a snow day tomorrow, but I told them they were probably out of luck on that one! Levi has a field trip to the Littleton Historical Museum tomorow which is outdoors, and they are still planning on going. That's Colorado for ya!

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

how fun! I bet the kids loved having a snow day, they will always remember it :)

Babzanne Barker said...

Such cute, fun, pictures! They really enjoyed their snow day in the best way possible. I love how they love playing together!!