Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentines Day

Knowing that my due date was right around Valentines Day, I was afraid that I somehow wouldn't be able to get gifts for our kids.  This was something I knew I wanted to have done ahead of time so I wouldn't have to worry.  Well on Friday (the day before Scarlett was born), I finally made it to the store to pick up some Valentines gifts.  It was the last thing on my to do list before baby arrives, and it was perfect timing since I went into labor that night!


It was important to me that our kids still had a sense of normalcy, and that they still felt loved and important during the transition of welcoming a new baby into our home.  They were so excited to wake up and find that we hadn't forgotten about Valentines Day! 


Since Valentines Day was the day after I arrived home from the hospital, the plan was for Brandon to get up and get the kids all ready so I could sleep.  Well the night before, Alexis came to me excited about a Valentines hairdo that she found on youtube that she wanted me to do in her hair.  She was so excited, and I couldn't bear to tell her no, so I got up with them in the morning so they could have the fun Valentines hairdo =) I think it turned out so cute!



The kids all had school Valentines Parties.  I never miss their parties, so I felt bad to have to miss them, but they were all very understanding. =)

That was the extent of our celebrations for the day.  The rest of the day was just layed back enjoying each other's company.

  Scarlett's excitement for the day was her first bath at home, which she wasn't too fond of.  It was the most crying we heard out of her since she was born!  




As soon as she was wrapped up all snuggly warm in her towel she was just fine =)


I see lots of Valentines Birthday Parties in this little girl's future =) 


A friend of ours brought yummy brownies with heart sprinkles and ice cream for us to enjoy that night.  It was definitely a different kind of Valentines Day then in years past, but it was spent together, which is the most important part anyways! =)

4 comments:

Kristalyn said...

Those hair dos are sooo cute! You did such a great job, it looks profressional! Poor Scarlett, Makynzie hated her baths at first, too. She loves them now that she can be more submerged though.

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

How fun! I love their hairdos. Too bad that Scarlett couldn't have one, that's probably why she was really crying :(

Deanna said...

I loved reading all about your delivery and all that followed. Scarlett is as beautiful as you and your other girls. Very pretty!!! You are an awesome mother. I loved the hairstyles. Impressive. Your children are very blessed to have you for a mom.

Mars said...

Wow those hair dos are really cute!! What a great idea. Sounds like it was still a great Valentine's Day.