Friday, February 3, 2012

Sisterly Love---and a Baby Update

Alexis has been talking about making the baby a blanket for quite some time.  She has had some fabric that she loves in her sewing box that she has been saving for something special.  A few nights ago she decided to go for it.  She did it all by herself with only a little guidance from me. Her fabric was two long strips, so by the time she cut it down to a square it was cute and little =)



 Here's the finished product! It's the perfect little cuddle blanket!
 It's all ready to bring to the hospital for our baby girl to love =)
Now for an update.  I am 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant.  The bassinet has been set up, clothes have been washed and put away, and my bag is packed for the hospital.  There is only one thing I need before I will feel ready to have this baby....my HUSBAND!  Brandon has been on a business trip in Vermont all week long.  He was scheduled to come home tonight, but due to a winter blizzard that has come through Colorado his flight has been cancelled.  It looks like he will be able to get on a flight tomorrow morning at nine, and I am praying that that flight doesn't get canceled too, and that this baby will hold off a while longer.  One would think that with two more weeks until my due date, I would be fine.  But after my routine doctor's visit yesterday revealed I am nearly dilated to a four, and with contractions coming regularly, my anxiety level has kicked up a notch. My blood pressure was also elevated, which made me nervous that the pre-eclampsia that I had when I was pregnant with Tori was returning.  I admit I had some emotional moments yesterday.  I am so grateful for my parents who were there to calm my nerves when I had a mini meltdown upon returning to their house after my appointment..  My mom made us delicious chicken noodle soup and bread sticks for dinner. Then, when I was still feeling really stressed out late last night, they braved the snowy weather to come over so my dad could give me a priesthood blessing. They also brought along their blood pressure monitor because I was sure my  blood pressure was sky high.  I was grateful to find out that it had gone down to a normal level.  After they left I finally felt some peace and calm.  I was able to sleep well last night, and am so grateful that the kids have a snow day today so that we can just take it easy and relax.  Don't get me wrong, as soon as Brandon is here safe and sound I will be doing everything possible to get our little girl out, but for the time being I need her to stay cooking for a little while longer =)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What bad timing for a big winter storm! I'm crossing my fingers that your little one stays put a little longer. This pregnancy has sure been a roller coaster ride for you. Hang in there. How wonderful that you have family close by that can give you such great support. Tell Alexis that I love the blanket she made. What a sweet gift for her baby sister.

AJ and Cindy said...

that little blanket is so sweet! did Lexi just get bangs? haha I can't wait for your baby to fill that car seat!