Friday, February 3, 2012

Feeling Loved

** There is another post below this one that I posted this morning.**


Here is some evidence of the blizzard that I spoke of  this morning.  Actually, there is now probably twice this much and the snow is still falling.


 As I sat in the house today I started to feel really trapped.  Not stir crazy trapped, but literally trapped by the snow that was falling so heavily.  I heard snow blowers outside, saw neighbors shoveling their walks, and  wanted so badly to go out and shovel mine!  I really kind of like shovelling actually.  But knowing that that kind of strain was a really bad idea considering my circumstances, I stayed inside.  A few minutes after I had let this worry of being trapped and not being able to leave in an emergency consume my thoughts, I received a call from my mother in law.  "We are on our way over to shovel your walks!"  She said.  It was music to my ears!  We wouldn't be trapped after all!  I snapped a few pictures through the window as my mother and father in law shovelled my driveway and cleared off my car.  I was so touched by their kind gesture.  It meant so much to me and gave me such peace of mind.

 I have really felt loved the past few days while Brandon has been gone.  These blocks currently sitting in my window sill are really quite fitting.
 I know Heavenly Father has been watching out for us this past week as Brandon has been away. A dear friend dropped off these adorable Valentines smores' to us last night.  It was just what I needed at the end of an emotionally exhausting day.
 The kids and I enjoyed them tonight =)
Brandon was able to get on a flight to arrive home tonight.  That in itself is such a blessing considering the hundreds of flights that have been cancelled at DIA today. His flight should be landing in about a half hour.  We survived the week!  Our sweet baby held off making an early appearance and now I can rest easy knowing that she can come at any time and Brandon will be here.  In fact, after he told me he had boarded the plane, what did I do?  Cleaned my bathrooms! lol  They have been calling my name all week, but knowing I had to take it easy, I had put them off.  Now with sparkling bathrooms, and Brandon almost here, I am ready for our baby to arrive! =)

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I can't believe all that snow. and I love that s'more trest. I am so glad you have family and friends watching over you. I feel so bad that you were so worried and upset, you should have told me!! I am glad mom and dad came to the rescue, you are so lucky! :) I hope you are feeling better today, love you!

Babzanne Barker said...

Making me cry!! You made it through the week--hurray!!! Sweet baby girl will be here soon!