Wednesday, February 22, 2012

She's on a Roll!

Scarlett is very wiggly.  When she was growing inside of me she was always moving all over the place! I loved it, because it always reassured me that she was OK.  Well, since she has been born she has not stopped moving.  She is constantly trying to lift her head up, and turning from side to side.  We have joked that we better not leave her anywhere high unattended because she might just roll right off!  We weren't really serious about that but it looks like we will have to be now because we have a roller on our hands!

It started yesterday. Bethany Jackman  was over taking newborn pictures of Scarlett.  We were trying to get her to hold a position on her belly.  She was wiggling all over the place and finally she just rolled right over onto her back!  I couldn't beleive it, but thought we probably had helped her a little by messing around with her to try and get her to stay still.  So today I decided to give her some tummy time and see what happened. Within seconds of laying her on her tummy she rolled right over to her back!  I ran to get my camera to capture the moment.  I propped her back up went to take a picture and before I could start taking it, she was already mid roll.




Here's a video in case you don't believe me =)


And just because I am already bragging, she totally smiled at me yesterday while I was doting on her. Twice! =)  

8 comments:

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

I can't get over how much hair she is! So cute. I think she looks so much like you!

Anonymous said...

wow! she is really smart i love her hair :)

Tammy said...

I've never seen a newborn do that. No wonder you felt her moving a lot inside of you. So glad that she's on the outside now for all of you to enjoy. She's so cute!

Celeste said...

She is a superstar! She must have some crazy strong legs and tummy.

AJ and Cindy said...

oh my goodness! she is so cute, I can't believe she is rolling over already haha!

Babzanne Barker said...

Like mother like daughter! I think she beat you by about a week--hahaha! Cute pictures!

Kristalyn said...

She is growing up so fast! I definitely believe you 'cuz Carter did that when I gave him tummy time at 2 weeks. :) I remember mom saying that you did it too, so they must get it from our side of the family. :) She is already wanting to play with her brother and sisters. :)

Mars said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she can roll already! Love all her hair!