Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Day 2012

Christmas is so much fun with little ones. Seeing the magic through their eyes, always brings so much joy to the season. We were luck to have Cindy, AJ, Lyla and Phoebe staying with us last year, which was so much fun. 
We snapped a few pictures of the loot before we let the kiddos come down. They made out well!

We made the kids wait until seven to wake us up, and I think they woke us up right at seven on the dot! Being almost a year ago, some of the details have faded from my memory =( I guess that's why it's important to record right away! These kids look pretty excited for so early in the morning!
If I am remembering correctly, I think Phoebe and Lyla were sound asleep when our kids woke up (is that right Cindy?) Anyways, it took Lyla a little bit to warm up to things as you can tell by her sweet face in these pictures =)

Growing up, I remember running down the stairs, screaming with excitement to see what Santa had left. Here's a little video of them heading down to see their  treasures. They were pretty silent! haha, but excited nontheless =)
I love their happy and excited faces as they discover everything =)



















After looking at the Santa gifts, AJ made us a delicious breakfast. Then we passed out the rest of the gifts and took turns opening them. I was actually really sick, so by the time we were all finished I had to go upstairs to take a nap =( It's no fun being sick on Christmas!! Later that afternoon we headed over to Grandma and Grandpas Barker's house to join the rest of the family. I never seem to get pictures of anything later in the afternoon on Christmas. I think it's because I am always just so worn out from all the festivities. But I am feeling sad, that I don't have any at my parents house, so I will try and be better this year.

It was a great Christmas, and I can hardly believe that two weeks from today we will be doing it again! 

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

that was so fun. I am going to miss that house! lol the kids look so little. i forgot you had been sick! that was so sad!

Unknown said...

This was so fun to read--even though it was last year it brought back memories of this year too. I will miss your house, too!!!