Thursday, December 12, 2013

Alexis


About a month ago in one of Alexis's classes, they had a "Random Acts of Kindness" week. They were each supposed to think of some random acts of kindness that they could do all week long, and then make a book recording how the week went. Alexis had fun thinking up things to do all week long. Some of them included, making Tori and Levi's beds, helping to pack up some boxes, taking Scarlett on picnic, folding a basket of laundry, etc. There was one in particular that I thought was extra sweet. Earlier this year an older lady moved in next door. She had lost her husband earlier in the year. She is very sweet, but I think kind of lonely. Alexis thought it would be nice to make her some brownies. So she made them all by herself, wrapped them up in a cute baggie and delivered them  next door. She said that she seemed really happy. We didn't think much of it until about a week later. Brandon and I were out front, and she brought over a cute little gift for us to give Alexis. She said that she was so touched by Alexis's sweet gesture. She said she was such a special girl and that she would never forget her. She said Alexis was a "ray of sunshine on a dark and gloomy day." I learn so much from my kids every day. Alexis taught me the importance of reaching out to others. You never know who you will touch by your random acts of kindness.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweetheart--I am missing her a lot today! I'm so glad you recorded this--we never think we will forget special experiences like this but unfortunately we do. I'm so glad you're keeping your blog again!

Linda said...

Just when I thought I was through tearing up! What a sweet daughter you have-and what a great teacher to create such a great learning experience for her students.