Wednesday, October 27, 2010

PuMpKiN cArViNg

I'm not a big fan of pumpkin carving. In fact I think we skipped it last year. The kids weren't about to let us skip it this year! Tori had a Daisy activity at the pumpkin patch this year and they each got to pick out one little pumpkin. I brought Alexis and Levi along and they each picked out one too. Brandon is SO not into carving pumpkins, but I talked him into cutting the tops off of them for us =)



After that the kids went to town digging out the pumpkin "guts". Alexis loved getting all slimy and using her hands to scoop it out. Tori and Levi were a little more hesitant and opted to use a spoon . After they got the majority of it out I scraped them clean for them.






I found these cute pumpkin carvers for kids that were called "lil carvers", and everyone was so excited to carve their pumpkins themselves. I had to help Levi with his, but Alexis and Tori did theirs all by themselves. They had so much fun. Alexis worked on hers for about an hour and was so proud, until the nose caved in =( I felt so bad, because she was so upset about it! I couldn't even get her to put her pumpkin out front with the others because she said, "It looks horrible!!" I told her it looked so good and that I was so proud of her for doing it all by herself. For some reason that didn't cut it =) Brandon came up to take a look and told her it looked so scary and that he loved it, and then she decided she liked it and would put it outside, lol.



Here they are all finished. Alexis's is on the left, Levi's in in the middle and Tori's is on the right.

I don't mind pumpkin carving when they do most of it themselves =)

5 comments:

Katie said...

haha! Lexi's is scary looking! i'm impressed with all of their pumpkins. I'm not very good at doing that. Tell Lexi my favorite part is taking out all the guts too!

Lynsey said...

All of the pumpkins turned out great!! Joseph loves to carve pumpkins as long as he never has to touch the guts, that it my job and I really don't enjoy it.

Mars said...

cute pumpkins! We can't carve pumpkins here in Arizona until...like today because it's 90degrees out still and they mold QUICK!

Tammy said...

I'm with you Diana. We've skipped pumpkin carving the past two years. I think we'll actually do it this year. What Mom looks forward to a big, slimy, sticky mess? :)

Kristalyn said...

I totally agree about the pumpkin carving. We are probably going to have to do it today and hopefully it goes smoothly. The kids love it so much, it's ALMOST worth it. :)