Sunday, October 31, 2010

More Halloween Fun

The Halloween celebrations seemed to keep coming and coming this year! On Saturday night our ward had trunk or treat. This is something the kids look forward to every year. Tori wanted her nails painted red to match her costume, so we did that right before. Here are our two witches and Darth Vader ready to go and get a lot of candy!

I had to join in on the witch theme =)

Alexis invited her friend Kira to come along. Here they all are about to start the rounds. It was so windy at first, and they had to hold their hats on their heads.


Brandon bought this hideous mask a few months ago. He has scared me half to death a few times with it, actually bringing me to tears once! I was nervous for him to wear it to trunk or treat, because I didn't want him to scare all of the kids. It was a hit though. The thing about this mask is that when you first see him, he just looks like a creepy old man! Imagine my surprise one day when I was home alone and that face peered around the corner at me! We got a few comments that night that Brandon was "robbing the cradle" so we had to get a picture of the two of us together =)

The kids were so excited to see Harmony there. She has been such a special party of our lives. No matter how much time passes between when we see her, the bond that our kids have with her is so evident =)
After our ward party we headed inside to my mom's ward party. They had a chili cook off, some fun carnival type games, face painting and trunk or treat! I didn't get my camera out, but fun was had by all! My mom brought her famous Wheat Chili, and she won the award for "b est after burn taste" We weren't quite sure what to think of that! haha
The kids got an insane amount of candy! Today as they were sorting through the hundreds and hundreds of pieces I made a deal with them that I would give them 10 cents a piece. They were so excited for that! Here they all are sorting through decided which ones they could part with.



They actually were able to give up quite a lot! I am a little poorer, but I am sure our dentist will appreciate it =)
I bagged it all up gave it to Brandon and told him to hide it from me =)
Wow! What a fun whirlwind of Halloween celebrations we had this year!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You guys are way nicer than us. Hugh tells the kids to pick five pieces of candy and then put the rest in the family candy bucket (to be controlled by the parents). The truth is, they eat more than five. :) Your costumes were great!

Lynsey said...

WOW!! You guys had quite the weekend. I tried to buy back Joseph's candy but he only wanted me to take the hot candy and surprise surprise he had none, silly boy.

Kristalyn said...

Those are really pretty witch costumes! :) Mason just wanted to be a ninja turtle, the same thing as last year, which is fine with us 'cuz one less to buy or figure out. :) You guys look like you had so much fun. Levi looks so cute leading the parade at school. Was mom's chile burnt? Every time I see pics of TOri, she just looks so grown up. I can't wait to see you guys..today! :)

Kristalyn said...

Haha, nevermind, I thought it was friday for some reason. I am excited to see you tomorrow! I was just worrying how we were going to get the playroom cleaned by the time you got here and now it seems easy since we have a whole day. :)