Sunday, October 17, 2010

He's a Whole Hand Old Now!

Yesterday was Levi's 5th birthday. He has been waiting and waiting for his birthday for months. A few months ago he asked me how much longer it was until his birthday. I told him 3 months. Well he doesn't fully understand the difference between months, days, weeks etc. So when I said 3 months, he thought that meant 3 days! After two day he said, "I'm so excited for my birthday tomorrow!" I felt so bad about breaking the news! From then on I had to tell him the exact number of days until his birthday, (90, 64, 55....) He was very excited when the day was finally here. He woke us up bright and early to open up his presents. I took about 5 really cute pictures, before I realized that my sim card was still in my computer =( But I still got some cute ones with his gifts after I put the card back in.




This picture cracks me up. Since it was his birthday I let him pick out whatever cereal he wanted for breakfast. He was soooo excited about it in case you cant tell =)



I loved the banner that Cindy made for Lyla's party so much that I decided to make one for Levi. It took forever but I am happy with the result. Hopefully I can use it for years to come.



Levi wanted to have a birthday party wit some of his friends, so I began planning! It was so fun to plan and I am kind of embarrassed to admit that I spent some sleepless hours during the night planning it, lol. Since his birthday is so close to Halloween we decided on a Halloween theme. I made chocolate cupcakes with orange frosting. I was excited to find this cute cupcake tray at Target.
Right before the party started, Nana and Papa stopped by to say happy birthday and bring Levi a present. He was so excited! They got him 2 shirts, and a fun super hero target game.



We ended up having 10 little boys come to his party! I was a little worried that it would get a little out of control but it actually went very smoothly. I always seem to not have enough things to fill the time, so I planned several activities for the boys. When they first got there they each got to decorate a treat sack with Halloween stickers and Halloween stamps. Some of them spent more time then others. Here are 6 of them still working on theirs.


After that we had an "eyeball toss". I bought some fake eyeballs from the store and they each took turns trying to toss them into a pumpkin bucket. If they made it they got to have a chocolate eyeball to put in their goody bag. I didn't get any pictures of the actual game itself, but here is Levi's friend Joseph modeling the fake eyeballs =)



After that they each got to color a pumpkin puzzle. When they finished coloring them they took them apart and tried to put them back together. Then they added them to their goody bags and we headed outside.



I found a recipe for pumpkin pie play dough, so Tori helped me to make two batches so we would have enough for them all to play with. I had Halloween cookie cutters, plastic knives, and rollers for them to use, and they all loved it.


This big kid also got in on the fun =)






After all of the activities I planned, what they all loved the most was sword fighting in the back yard! That wasn't even a planned activity! haha.




Time was moving so fast and we only had 15 minutes left of the party, so we had to hurry to have enough time for cupcakes and presents! I forgot to take a picture of Levi blowing out his candle, so I made him reenact it =)




We have had a few rainy and cold days lately so I was very happy that the weather was so nice on the day of his party so we could spend some time outside. (Especially when it came time for the messy play dough and cupcakes!)



After cupcakes we rushed inside for presents. Levi's friends were all so generous and he was one happy boy!





What a whirlwind of a party! We definitely didn't run out of time like I worried we would. In fact we didn't even get to do 3 of the things I planned. Pin the eye on the pumpkin, musical pumpkins, and a cute Halloween puppet craft. Oh well though. Everyone had fun so it was a success =)


About an hour after the party, Grandma, Grandpa and Michael stopped by. They gave him some Hex Bugs with a Hex Bugs Habitat. He was so excited, because he recently discovered these and absolutely loves them!

Grandpa and Grandma had to leave to go to a High Priest dinner, so Michael stayed to go out to eat with us. He was so nice to play with Levi's "bugs" with him.

Levi wanted to go to Chucky Cheese, but we ended up going there the night before for a friend's birthday party, so we opted for Texas Road House instead. Here are some pictures we took during dinner. Alexis isn't in any of the pictures because she ended up spending the night at Nana's house, because her cousin Tallyn was staying there, and wanted her to come hang out. We missed her!




Since it was Levi's birthday we got to sit on the Texas Road House Saddle while everyone sang happy birthday =)
Levi and Brandon were being so silly =)



Well, that was Levi's birthday in a nut shell! We did a lot, and it was exhausting, but so worth it for out sweet Levi. Here are some things we want to remember about Levi as he turns 5.
~He loves to dance, and has good rhythm too!
~He is very particular about what he wears. Lately the only thing he will wear is jeans (pants, not shorts.) Even if it is blazing hot outside. They have to be dark jeans, not light jeans. And he will only wear long sleeve shirts. On Sunday he will only wear shirts with ties. No more cute sweater vests for him!
~He has a smile that can light up a room.
~Brandon is his hero
~He loves to do his own hair, and frequently puts it in a mohawk.
~He says the cutest prayers.
~ Lately when asked certain things, such as, "Are you hungry....Are you tired....do you want to play a game...." etc. His response is always "Kind of" It is so funny.
~He loves to color, and draw.
~He can only go to sleep at night if he surrounds himself with pillows and stuffed animals, to keep the spiders away.
~He loves his preschool class.
~He makes the funniest facial expressions.
~He is an extremely picky eater.
~He loves to take pictures on my camera.
~He loves anything to do with superheros, and lately will only watch cartoons with some kind of superhero in it.
~ He is a blessing and a joy to our family.
Happy Birthday Levi! We love you!

6 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I love Levi's party, it looked l ike it turned out so perfect. your banner is way better than the one I made. lol. levi is so lucky to have such a good mommy and daddy to give him such a great party, I wish we could have been there. i love your list of things about levi, for some reason when I read "Brandon is hero" I got all teary eyed and emotional! lol anyways, we love you guys!

Mars said...

What a fun party. My birthday is tomorrow so growing up my birthday was always by halloween too and I think every year from when I was about 5 until about 10 I had Halloween birthday parties haha! You went to a lot of work and it looks like it was a success!

Babzanne Barker said...

I loved this blog with all the great pictures! What a fun party!(And it sounds like you already have three games and activities planned for next year's party!) Levi is such a little charmer!!We love him so much!

Celeste said...

You plan the best parties! Seriously...they are just right for each of your chidlren's ages, and likes. It sounds like Levi has picked up on his Dad's great sense of style. I especially loved his cute shirt and tie on Sunday (Levi's not Brandon's, althought his was probably fine too-I just didn't notice it.) lol.

Lynsey said...

You did such an awesome job on the party. It was all Joseph could talk about for days. It is so cool that Levi calls Brandon his hero.

Tammy said...

Way to go Diana! What a fun party with lots of great activities! You're an awesome Mom-your kids are so lucky. I had to laugh about Levi insisting on long jeans and long sleeved shirts. My Michael is the opposite-he only wants shorts and short sleeved shirts, even on cold days. They do have something in common--they are both picky eaters. :)