Saturday, April 17, 2010

Easter

I am terribly far behind on posting! I just need to take it one post at a time, so I will start with Easter.

The day before Easter we dyed eggs with the kids. I admit I was planning in skipping this, as it is not my favorite thing to do. But I decided at the last minute to suck it up and do it. I am glad that I did because the kids had so much fun and it wasn't as big of an ordeal as I remember it being in the past. I let the kids each have 6 eggs, and they dipped and decorated... and re-dipped and re-decorated until they looked just right (or brown from too much dipping!)








Now most people eat their eggs after they have decorated them. Well apparently not in my family. I put all of the eggs in the fridge so they would stay cool, and be there when we wanted to eat them. A few hours later I noticed a few eggs missing from the cartons. It turns out that the kids decided to make them "pet eggs" instead, so they brought them out to the tent we had set up in the backyard and had them "sleeping" in the sleeping bags. LOL it was one of those moments that I just had to laugh. My kids aren't very fond of hard boiled eggs to eat anyways, so I am glad they got some use out of them!



This year Easter fell upon General Conference weekend. We normally have church at 8:30 am, so it was really nice to not have to worry about getting up early and rushing to get ready, all the while trying to hunt for Easter eggs and Easter baskets. Although we didn't get to sleep in, because the kids were in our room ready to start hunting at 6:30! Here is sweet Tori patiently waiting until we gave the go ahead to go down.

When they heard I was snapping pictures, everyone else had to peek out as well. Don't you love Brandon's beard first thing in the morning? Hair first thing in the morning is called "bed head" so does that mean beards are called "bed beard"? lol, corny, I know. He actually shaved it all off a few days later. Woohoo!! (woops, did I just say that??)

The kids all had so much fun hunting for their baskets. Levi's was behind our big bean bag, Tori's was behind a chair in Brandon's office, and Alexis's was inside one of our ottomans. (She thought she would never find it!) Here are some pictures we took as they hunted for eggs, and explored their baskets.




When I was taking this picture, I had the kids say "Happy Easter" When I snapped the picture, Tori was just saying the "ster" part of Easter, lol.

Brandon watching the kids having fun...
....and making sure they could reach the high eggs!

I love the excited expression on Tori's face in this picture.

Levi is always ready to pose for a picture!

Here's an action shot of Alexis trying to get as many eggs as she could!







Here's Tori a little later on in the day showing off the fake nails and dangly earrings she got in her basket. Let me just tell you, after a week of applying and reapplying those nails on both
Alexis and Tori, I decided that we will not being purchasing any more for a very long time!!

It was so nice having Conference on Easter Sunday. We loved being able to relax and spend time as a family. Conference was wonderful. I loved how most of the talks focused on the family. So many things were said that I really needed to hear. I can't wait to get the conference Ensign so I can read them all again!
Later that afternoon, after the second session of conference, we headed over to my mom and dad's for a nice traditional ham dinner. I brought my camera but didn't take one picture!! =( We had so much fun just hanging out and visiting. We even got my mom and dad to play a round of old maid. It got down to just my mom and dad, and it was quite hilarious watching them both trying to trick each other into picking the old maid! lol
We had such a great low key day. I was so fun to be together as a family. If only all Easter's could be that relaxing! At least next year we will have 11:30 church =)

2 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Hooray! I am so glad you posted this. All the pics are so cute, I love the ones where they are decorating their eggs, lexi and tori look so grown up and beautiful! sounds like you had a great easter! I wish we could have celebrated with you guys, i would have loved to watch mom and dad play old maid! haha

Katie said...

I loved reading all these posts! It makes me miss you guys so much. I can't wait to come home in a few weeks :) The kids are just so cute; you got some great pictures. Those baskets are adorable. I bet Brandon looks so young without his beard--I feel like he usually does! hehe. The thought of mom and dad playing old maid and tricking each other!!