Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

We had a really nice Thanksgiving yesterday. This year was our turn with Brandon's family, so we headed up to Conifer to Jeremy and Tisha's house for our Thanksgiving feast. We got there around 12:30. The house smelled so good! I hadn't been up to see their new house since it was completed (sad I know) so Tisha gave me a tour. It is gorgeous! After that Brandon pulled out Alexis's front tooth that was hanging by a thread. We decided that was a good idea, since every time she would bit into something she would scream in pain. You can't be in pain while eating Thanksgiving dinner! Dinner was delicious. We got more then enough, and will be snacking on ham and turkey for a few days I am sure. After we ate Nana let the kids open up ornaments that she got them. She gets them a new ornament every year, and the kids always love getting them.


Notice the toothless grin? Alexis was quite taken aback when she first looked in the mirror after it was pulled.
Nana got the girls these adorable porcelain ballerina ornaments. Levi got a cute little mouse on a candy cane.



After that we played some games. Jeremy and Tisha have tons and tons of fun games. The kids were in heaven. I got some good ideas for Christmas presents too =)
Our favorite game had to be Rock Band. We all had a blast, and quite a few laughs with that one.
Brandon had fun teaching Levi how to hold the guitar. Like father like son =)



Brandon's mom is a nurse and she was able to have some of the extra flu shots from work, so she gave everyone who hadn't already had them, flu shots. The kids and I already had them, but Brandon hadn't and he somehow talked his mom into letting him give it to himself. He had us all cringing, but he thought it was great!
We all then decided that we wanted to go to the movies. Brandon and Jeremy took the kids to see Bolt in 3-D which they loved, and us girls all went to Twilight. It was my second time seeing it. I loved it! I know it has gotten mixed reviews but I have to say I thought it was great! I could see it over and over and not get tired of it =) That ended our day. I missed being with my family, but we had a really fun day with Brandon's family. I am so grateful for the close relationships we have with both of our families. I love this time of year.

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I LOVE the family picture of you guys at the top! Are you gonna use it for your Christmas card? I like your shirt :)can't wait to see you guys!

Katie said...

How fun! I love the picture of Levi with the guitar..he's a natural! I really loved the shirt you were wearing in that first picture (it's like the one you were wearing tonight right?)

Celeste said...

Looks like you had a really fun day. I am jealous you got to see Twlight. I can't wait to see it. What a fun idea to give ornaments, I'll have to keep that in mind! Your kids area all so cute, I love it.

Babzanne Barker said...

We missed you this year! But I'm glad you had such a fun day.