Sunday, November 9, 2008

Levi Starts Preschool

This past week Levi started preschool. Many of you know that he has been in speech therapy since February. Well, that ends on his third bithday and they are then transistioned into preschool with speech therapy in a preschool setting. His birthday, being October 16th, misses the regular October 1st deadline by a few weeks. Since he is in this program they waive that deadline and he is able to start preschool once he turns three. I have had mixed feelings about this. A big part of me did not want to send him at all! I want him to stay little forever, and at least stay home with me for another year before he starts preschool. The other part of me, (with a lot of persuading from Brandon) understands that this is the best thing for him and his development. So, needless to say, we enrolled him in preschool. He is going to preschool at the Elementary school that I grew up at, which is also the school where my brother Michael is attending right now and is in 6th grade. Levi is very excited about "seeing Michael in the halls" as he puts it. His teachers are wonderful, and I really like that it is in a smaller setting. He was originally supposed to start two weeks ago, but he has been sick, so unfortunatley (wink, wink) he had to wait another week to start. As I was walking into the school to drop him off my mom just happened to be walking out, because she had just finished voting. She walked with us and stayed there until I dropped him off, which definitely made it easier for me. When Brandon picked him up, his teachers said he did great. I can't believe my baby is in school! =(

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

That picture is so cute of Levi!I can't believe he is in school, either! but I am glad he is where he is lol I wish I could be his teacher!!

Katie said...

Aw he's growing up so fast!!!! That picture of Levi is soo cute!

Babzanne Barker said...

It is so cool that Levi is going to the same school Michael is at! I wish they could walk home together. I loved your blog!!

Z. Marie said...

Oh, wow! He's gotten so big! Preschool is a big step, but Laura was in a mixed class of 3- and 4-year-olds, and I could tell the younger kids really got a lot out of it.