Monday, November 17, 2008

Our Quick Getaway

This past weekend Brandon and I traveled to Utah. It was only the second time that we went on a trip without the kiddos. It was really hard leaving them. I almost called the whole thing off a few times, but I am glad that I didn't because we had a blast. We decided to leave really early in the morning (3 am) so that we could get there by 10:30 or so, and have a whole day to do stuff. We rolled out of the house around 3:15, and about two hours into the drive the snow started to fall. We stopped at a gas station right outside of Cheyenne and were informed that we couldn't go any further because the roads were closed. I actually was asleep when this happened, but a few hours later I woke up to find us parked on the side of the road and Brandon asleep in the back seat! He told me what was going on. Finally about 4 hours later the roads were opened and we were back on our way. Needless to say it was a very long drive, much longer then we anticipated. We arrived to Cindy and AJ's house about 4:15. Here are a few pictures of us while we were waiting for the roads to open. We got a little slap happy as time went on.

That night, Cindy and AJ and us decided to got to the spaghetti factory. It was an interesting experience right from the start. Cindy and AJ know what I am talking about, but I won't go into detail. Here we are waiting to be seated. Brandon seems to like goofing off for the camera when I am trying to get a cute normal pose =)




Because we had to wait forever for the server to come to our table they gave us free oreo shakes at the end of our meal. We tried to get a cute shot of us drinking out of the shake, but as AJ was quick to point out in this picture, I look a little woozy. I promise it was just a chocolate shake though!

Goofball Brandon again. By this point I just wanted a good picture! Can you tell by my face? haha




The next day we went up to see the house the AJ's parents are building. It is going to be really pretty. Cindy got some pretty cute pictures from when we were there, but I accidentally left my camera in the car =(. After that we went shopping! Cindy and I love to shop, and we had a blast. We went to Downeast and Old Navy and came out with some pretty cute things. Brandon and AJ were good sports, and we know they secretly love to shop too. =) Next, we went to AJ's parent's house for a birthday party for his sister's husband. His family is very nice and always so welcoming. Daniel and Katie drove up from Provo and met us there. It was so great to see them! The boys then moved the piano that AJ's parents gave us (which was the reason for the trip), into a Uhaul we rented. It was quite the funny site seeing them all lift if down the steps out to the truck. I, once again, didn't get any pictures but Cindy and Katie did so maybe they will post them on their blog. We then headed back to Cindy and AJ's and hung out. AJ made us Tipanyaki (I know that I spelled that wrong) for dinner. It is a Japanese dish, and it was delicious!
After dinner we headed out to find some cables to hook up to the T.V. so that we could hook the computer to the T.V and watch a movie. We went to Walmart and Best Buy. We seemed to get sillier as the night progresse. Here are some pictures from when we were driving.





The boys thought it would be funny to see if we could jump over these posts. We thought we would have no problem doing it, but we were wrong. We both got stuck on top of it. I don't' know how Katie got out of doing this!

The boys then had to try. Brandon decided to try and do a hand stand on it.
After that we headed to a custard place ( I can't remember what it was called), and we got some yummy custard. Then we headed back to their house, and spent the rest of the night just visiting and having a lot of laughs. The next morning we headed back home. It was way too short of a trip, but we were so glad that we got to go. We had so much fun, and were sad the whole way home that it was over. Thanks guys for a great weekend!

3 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

We had so much fun having you guys with us!! We were so sad when everyone left :( You guys need to do that more often. I will never forget everything that happened at Trolley Square..."are you okay?" lol oh my, we had so much, fun thanks for coming, we made so many good memories! We love you all!

Babzanne Barker said...

It sounds like you all had such a good time! So many funny pictures!! Good memories! and we had good memories, too--like the time Levi and Mason went outside the doggy door and played in the snow without any shoes or socks on--and next time I think we'll just start out with Levi in bed with me and Grandpa.....haha (the girls were cute, too--hope they had fun, too!)

. said...

Glad you got away! It is hard to leave the kids, but it totally ends up being worth it!