Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bad Dream

So as I stated in my last post, Alexis started first grade last week. It has been a little bit of a transition for her, and I was thrilled when this morning she didn't complain to have some sort of ailment that would keep her from going to school such as a stomach ache, headache, elbow ache, lol. One thing that has taken some getting used to is homework (yes already) I guess her school is known for giving quite a bit of homework. Well last night she had a paper that she didn't quite finish in class that she needed to finish for homework. It had a bunch of words that you had to sound out up at the top and then put into different categories having to do with the five senses. They were pretty hard words to sound out, and it took a while to complete. She was so tired and ready for bed by the end, that I didn't even have to tell her to head up to bed. By the time I got up there she was already in bed with her eyes starting to close. As I was setting out their clothes for the next day she said, "mommy? I just know that I am going to have a bad dream tonight I can already see it in my head" I answered by asking her what she was seeing, thinking that it would be a monster, bear or spider, because those seem to be the themes to her dreams latley. But I had to hide a smile when her reply was, "I just keep seeing all of these words floating around and around and I have to sound them all out and I don't know what they say!" She was totally serious and quite distraught about this. Not even a minute later she was ound asleep. Poor little thing!

3 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

Sweet little Lexi! She probably gets those weird bad dreams from her grandma. When I have something I'm worried about it just goes around and around in my head, and then sometimes, when I go to sleep, there it is again in my dreams. She will do fine, though. First grade takes some getting used to.

Beth said...

Aw, what a sweet little story. sounds like first grade is hard work! I always love reading your posts. Your kids are so adorable, and I can tell that they have the best mom!

Kristalyn said...

Poor Lexi! I know how she feels! I remember that I used to have dreams about organic chemistry...what an exciting life I used to lead! :) I'm glad that she's getting adjusted to 1st grade!