Monday, July 2, 2007

Candy Canes

Tonight we went to dinner over at my Mom and Dad's house. Alexis always seems to find something new she wants, and this time it was an old box of candycanes. So of course all of the kids had to have one. Levi had one, and after getting it all over his hands and face, I finally had to take it away. Needless to say he wasn't too happy about that and proceeded to scream at the top of his lungs for a few minutes. He eventually got over it, but right as we were getting ready to go, he came up to me with another candy cane that he had found. Me being the mean mom that I am said, "no more candy canes honey" So of course he found someone else he knew could not tell him no (that would be grandpa) So I walk into the front room, and there is Levi happy as can be sucking on his cany cane. I didn't want to have to go through the screams from earlier in the night, so I put off taking it away from his as long as possible. But I finally did take it away when I buckled him in his seat, because I didn't want him to choke on the way home. So of course then came the screams. He stopped right before we got home, but he was still quite mad at me. I couln't resist getting camera out to capture his cute little pout. But mommy knows her Levi..all I had to do was say "tootie!" to get him giggling and back to his normal self. I was glad I had my camera handy to capture how quickly his mood changed. haha

4 comments:

Katie said...

That's hilarious how fast he mood changed! And how all your kids find "tootie" To be so funny. I think its funny that Levi went to Grandpa to get the candy cane open. He knows exactly who will say yes :)

Kari said...

Grandpa are so good at spoiling aren't they. My dad is awful, he gives the kids anything and everything he thinks they want. So funny how quickly he cheered up.

AJ and Cindy said...

I loved this blog and the pics of Levi are priceless!! he is so cute, I cant wait to see you guys soon! love you!

Babzanne Barker said...

Haha! What a cutie! ...and by the way, I'm the one who gave Lexi the candy canes. She was looking for chocolate chips in the storage room and they were all gone, so then I saw the candy canes, and offered her those instead. It's too bad she got the Barker sweet tooth!