Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Never a dull moment

Well just when I think things are going smoothly something crazy seems to happen. Today Levi would not take a nap. He always takes a nap. Every day. Same time. No problem. Well today I made plans with some friends to take our kids swimming right after Levi woke up from his nap, so of course he refused to take one. I was actaully planning on taking a quick power nap as well, since I have to work until 1 am every night this week. Well I heard him in there playing around for a little while, and finally he started crying, and it became obvious to me that he was not going to go to sleep. (my girls were having "quiet time" watching The 12 Dancing Princess.) So I went in and got him. I brought him into my room and layed him next to me thinking he would fall asleep, because he loves to cuddle. Well that worked for a few minutes, and he eventually wriggled loose. He quickly hurried to the stairs and slid down them to go find his sisters. I got up and followed him down and quickly realized that he now had a poopy diaper. I brought him back upstairs and changed it, and then I set it on the top step of the stairs for when I went back down, so I wouldn't forget to take it out to the garage. Levi walked out of the room, and Alexis came in wanting to play one of her computer games on my computer. I proceeded to help her with this. I then started getting a load of laundry together, and here comes Tori upstaris quite anxious saying.."mommy! Levi went poopy all over the floor!" My first thought how is this possible..I just changed him. I followed her out, and then noticed...the diaper was no longer sitting on the top step. As I neared the bottom of the stairs I saw Levi standing there with poop all over his arms, legs and shoes, and the dirty diaper opened. I then turned around and ALL over my brand new light colored carpet, was poop totally smooshed in. I kid you not..it was EVERYWHERE. Well at this moment I admit, I freaked out a little. I scooped up Levi and brought him into the kitchen and tried to wash him off. I then proceeded to fill a bowl up with soap and water, and for the next hour tried to scrub it out of my floor. The whole time my girls were, bless there hearts, just trying to be helpful, telling me where every little spot was...but I was just not to thrilled with the situation already so I made them go upstaris and play. I put Levi on time out (we just started that) Our time out is our stairs, so he was watching me this whole time, with the same look that he had in the picture of him from my last post. Well I finally got finished. It is still not out all the way. I am going to have to borrow Brandon's Mom's steam cleaner to get the rest out. So after I finished I walked outside to throw away the diaper, and I walked back inside, not even 30 seconds later, to see that Levi had dumped the whole bowl of dirty water that I had been using to clean everything up, all over the carpet. So yes..there is never a dull moment at our house, and the moral of the story is: Throw the dirty diaper in the trash as soon as you change it.

2 comments:

Kristalyn said...

That sounds so horrible! I'm sorry! Do you think that Levi is starting his terrible two's early? I know that you handled it well, though! :)

Kari said...

Oh how awful. I would have freaked out! So gross. It reminds me of a time right after Parker was potty trained and KC was a newborn and Parker had diahrea all over the house, it was in almost every room!