Sunday, July 8, 2007

"The Fan Blew It Over"

I sadly admit this is one of those "I told you so moments" Brandon and I have a t.v. that sits on the edge of our dresser. Our desk is directly across from the dresser, but the t.v. is turned the other way so we can see it from the bed. Well I have to work from my computer, and lately I have been getting scheduled until 1 am. Sometimes the only thing that keeps me awake, is turning on the t.v., and since it is turned the other way, I have been turning it my way so I can see it, and then turning it back after I am done. Well the other night Brandon walked in and saw me doing this. He told me it wasn't a great idea to keep moving the t.v. because it would scratch up the dresser. Well...the next day while Brandon was working, I was cleaning things up in our bedroom, and I started to turn the t.v. so that it would be facing the bed. Well I am not sure exactly how this happened, but nefore I knew it the t.v was leaning forward, and I could not hold it up. It crashed to the ground with a thud. Not only did it scratch the dresser, but it took a big chunk out of the top drawer. I totally started freaking out, thinking, oh my gosh what have I done, Brandon is going to kill me(not really), this was such an expensive t.v., how can I fix this. The whole top cracked in two, and the screen got seperated from the tv itself. I tried to get it to work for about an hour with no avail. My girls during all this were saying things such as, let's just not tell daddy, maybe we can hide it! And they came up with what they thought was a brilliant plan. They got some blankets from their room, and covered it up, and Alexis wrote a note to put on top saying "the fan blew it over" What clever little girls we have lol. Well my worrying was for nothing, Brandon was very understanding and not mad at all. He didn't even say "I told you so" But how could he have been upset after he saw what the girls had thought up. Now my tv is gone, and I am left to think up other ways to keep myself away when I have to work until 1.


3 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Your blogs are so cute,it makes me so happy to hear all the cute stuff they do bc I am sure I miss out on so much!I can't wait till we have kids so I can put up cute blogs like that too! I can't wait to come home and see everyone.

Kari said...

Thats so cute between your girls. It's fun to see the things they can come up with, I can't wait till my boys are a little older and can do more together. Sorry about the tv, good luck finding something to help keep you awake !

Katie said...

That is so funny/cute! Definitely sounds like something they woudl think up!