Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April

April came and went in a flash!  We are loving the spring weather and counting down the days until Summer. Here are some pictures from the month:

Alexis loves to bake.  She is always asking me if she can bake something.  The other day when she couldn't find an after school snack that sounded good, she begged to make cupcakes.  So I let her go to town. I didn't go into the kitchen to supervise, because I knew I would probably end up trying to take over to avoid a mess.  I did go in towards the end, and couldn't resist taking some pictures.




Alexis went on Pinterest and found a recipe for cream cheese frosting. She followed the recipe and made it all by herself.  It turned out really yummy!





Tori and Levi have been spending so much time outside playing!  They jump on the trampoline, ride bikes, pick flowers, swing on the swing, play with the hose, and whatever else they can think of.  I am so glad that they love playing outside so much.  I can hardly get them to come in at the end of the day.  They are currently making a hideout under our big lilac bush.

                                      
                                                       
                   



The other day Alexis called me downstairs.  I went down to see that she had put Scarlett in the baby doll stroller.  It was so funny!  She fit perfectly!
 Levi and Tori had to join in on the fun too

 Misty got very jealous and as soon as I took Scarlett out she jumped right in.

Our favorite part of the month was the visit from AJ, Cindy, Lyla and Phoebe!  It has been so hard not meeting Phoebe yet, and so we were so excited to finaly meet her, and for them to meet Scarlett!
 My kids adore Lyla.  They had so much fun playing together.  Lyla is so adorable.  She has the cutest voice, and the bubbliest personality.  I know she is not smiling in this picture, but it is probably one of the only times she wasn't laughing and smiling all weekend.

 We had to get lots of pictures of these two cuties!  They are about the same size, and destined to be great friends!

 This picture makes me laugh =)
 Lyla is so cute with Phobe and she wasted no time doting on Scarlett as well =)

 We set these two down next to each other, and they immediately linked arms.  It was so cute, and we went crazy taking as many pictures as we could!
 Enjoying some tummy time together....

The other girlies had to join in on the fun too!
We had such a fun few days and they went by way too fast!


Ever since I let Tori try her build a bear shirt on Scarlet, Levi has been begging to try his build a bear jacket on her.  I finally gave in =)
 It barely fit, so I think we are done with the build a bear clothes! 


May is now in full swing.  It's always one of the busiest months of the year with all of the end of the school year activities.  Some things we have to look forward to are, 3 field trips, 3 field days, kindergarten graduation, a trip to Utah for Jack's baby blessing, and Scarlett's blessing next week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Alexis is so smart! I love the picture of Scarlett with the Teddy Bear Jacket and we can't wait to meet her in person too! :)

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

Alexis is getting so old. I can't believe it. Tell her that we'd be okay with her sending some of those delicious cupcakes out with you to Utah :) Those pictures of Scarlett and Pheebs linking arms are priceless..and I love SCarlett in the stroller. AH I can't wait to meet her (and see you and Tori!!!! Tell Tori we are so excited for her to stay with us :)

Kristalyn said...

Lexi is such a smarty, starting to use Pinterest already! You are nicer than me, my kids get in trouble if they turn the hose on...it always turns to mud everywhere...they'll have to wait a little longer I guess. :) Scarlett even has her tough gal face down for that leather jacket. :) Your kids are getting so big!

AJ and Cindy said...

I love that Lexi made cupcakes, that is really good for that age, right? haha and the pictures of Scarlett in the doll stroller crack me up so much! we had so much fun visiting you guys ! I wish we could see you every day! so glad the babies could meet :)

Celeste said...

That is so cute how your kids adore playing and dressing up Scarlett. SO glad your sister could make it and the babies could meet. =) And I totally know why you avoided the kitchen for a while during baking time. Glad Alexis loves to bake and that you let her.