Sunday, May 6, 2012

Scarlett's Blessing Day

Today was our sweet baby girl's blessing day, and what a special day it was!
She looked beautiful in the blessing dress that cousin Lyla let us borrow.
Here are some pictures we took

Tori helped me get Scarlett all dressed.  As she was helping me, I explained that this was one of three  very special white dresses that Scarlett would wear in her life, the 2nd one being her baptism dress, and the 3rd being her wedding dress. She thought that was pretty neat =)

Daddy gave her a beautiful blessing.  Standing in the circle with him were, Grandpa Barker, Papa Bronson, Great Grandpa Barker, and two of our friends, Kevin and Justin.  We missed our other family members who were not able to be there, but know they were thinking of us =)


She sneezed right after we took this picture =)
The tree out in front of our house has become the traditional picture taking tree

I can't believe it, but this is the first family picture we have taken since Scarlett was born!
After the blessing we went to Nana and Papa's for a little family barbecue





It was a wonderful day that we will always remember. 

8 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

So happy that we could be a part of Scarlett's blessing and the rest of this beautiful day! The pictures turned out so well--your family picture is gorgeous and I really need a copy of it!

Anonymous said...

Scarlett looks so precious! I feel sad that we missed her blessing :( I wish I could hold her now!

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

Oh this made me tear up, I wish we were there. SHe looks oh so beautiful. I need a copy of the family picture! :)

AJ and Cindy said...

She looks beautiful! I am glad the dress worked out and her bow is so cute, too! :) I love that family picture, I will need one as well! So sad we couldn't be there for her special day :( I can't wait to hold her again!

Lynsey said...

Scarlett looked so beautiful in her blessing dress and Brandon did an excellent job. The family picture turned out great!!

Kristalyn said...

She is so pretty! She looks so happy and peaceful and that is so neat that Tori could help, especially after she not too long ago was wearing one of her special white dresses too. :) That family picture is so cute!

Kristalyn said...

She is so pretty! She looks so happy and peaceful and that is so neat that Tori could help, especially after she not too long ago was wearing one of her special white dresses too. :) That family picture is so cute!

Celeste said...

I love that family picture of all of you! Scarlett looks just like a little angel.