Friday, May 11, 2012

3 months



Today, our baby girl is 3 months old!  She has definitely made her way into all of our hearts around here!
She is such a joy, and I can't believe she's ours!

Just the past week she seems like she has gotten so much bigger!  She seems to be growing out of her bassinet =(  We will have to put the crib together soon.  I always have the hardest time transitioning my kids out of my room and into their cribs.  I love having them within arms length of me.    

She is so smiley!  We can almost always get her to smile just by talking to her (except today when I was trying to take a bunch of pictures for this post!)

She loves her baths.  She just started kicking like crazy every time I give her one, which leaves me pretty drenched afterwards =)


 I found this cute play mat for ten dollars!  She is loving laying under it and staring at the toys hanging down.  She has just started batting at things, and grabbing onto toys.  



  


She is getting better at tummy time!  The physical therapist said that tummy time will strengthen her neck muscles so we have been trying to do it more.  Her neck is so much better, and she will probably only need a few more physical therapy sessions!





 Scarlett is never lacking attention around here =)
 More build a bear clothes.....


 We are loving the spring weather, and decided to head to the park one day.  It was Scarlett's first park visit!  She loved laying on her blanket and kicking around.
 I attempted to paint her toenails that morning =)



Scarlett is still a great sleeper.  She will sleep for at least a six hour stretch at nights.

She loves her binky.

She eats every 2 and a half hours during the day.  I'm trying to see if she can last a little bit longer, but she has gotten in the habbit of only wanting to nurse on one side and then being finished. So then she is hungry again sooner.

She still loves to be in the moby wrap.  I now put her in it when I go grocery shopping.  It is so great!

She is constantly moving her arms and legs, usually only stopping when she is sleeping.

Her favorite way to be held when she is tired is facing me with her head nuzzled under my neck.

When she is not tired, she likes to be facing outwards so she can see everything that is going on.

During the day, when she naps, she will sleep the longest when she is in her car seat.  It's a good thing too, because it seems like we are always on the go!

I left her for the first time this past week (besides just with Brandon).  Grandma watched her so I could go help at school to finish getting some volunteer hours in.  I missed her terribly, but she was so good and slept the whole time!

She loves to look at herself in the mirror.  As soon as she sees herself she always bursts into the hugest grin! (I think she might think it's just another baby starting back at her, lol)

She is wearing 3-6 month clothes.  Some of her 0-3 month clothes still fit, but they are getting pretty snug.

We are just finishing off the rest of our size one diapers and then will move to size 2s.

She is cooing so much!

She just discovered her hands and is constantly sucking on her fists.

She spits up quite a bit.

She has the hugest burps!  I seriously don't know how they come from a baby! haha

She hates loud noises.

She doesn't really love her swing anymore.

She still has so much hair!  I am loving it so much, and loving how dark it is!  I even put it in a pony tail one day =)




I can hardly believe it has already been 3 months.  We are loving every single moment.  People ask me all the time if it was a hard adjustment having a baby again after not having one for so long, and I can honestly say that it hasn't.  For a while we thought our family was complete. We were so excited to be having another  baby, that the adjustment has been not bad at all.
 She has been such a blessing!! 

3 comments:

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

I am so distraught that I haven't met her yet!!! I can't believe she is 3 months; she is so so beautiful. I'm so glad that you got her that activity gym -- seriously, those are the best things ever! So glad her physical therapy is going well :)That one of her on the towel reminds me of Jack in this picture:
http://babyjack2012.shutterfly.com/pictures/41

Can't wait to see you all and snuggle Scarlett lots and lots!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable!!!

Babzanne Barker said...

Loved this post Diana! Such beautiful pictures of our beautiful baby Scarlett!