Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two Months

Scarlett is two months old.
 These past two months have gone by so fast and have been so wonderful.
How did we live this long without this precious baby girl.
She brings us so much joy, and we love her so much!

In honor of turning two months old, we decided to try out the bumbo chair!
She didn't like it much.
We'll try again in a few weeks =)
 Today at her two month check up she weighed in at 10 lbs. 10 oz. 
She is a growin girl!

The past few weeks we have noticed that Scarlett strongly prefers her left side.  She is constantly turning her head to the left, and will not turn it to the right without some coaxing. Our pediatrician recommended that she has some physical therapy.  She said sometimes the neck muscles are too tight, and physical therapy will help to loosen them.  So we will be starting that in the next few weeks.

Here is Brandon helping her to turn her head the other way.  Her face makes me so sad! =(  I am so glad that we can start working with her now and get the problem fixed before it gets worse. 

At two months old Scarlett is eating about every 2-3 hours during the day.  I don't really keep track.  I just feed her when she acts hungry =)
She is wearing 0-3 month clothing, and some 3-6 month clothing.
She takes one really long nap a day.  Usually in the morning, and usually for around 2 hours.  She will take a few other cat naps throughout the day as well.
At night she will usually have a 5 hour stretch, and then a 3 hour stretch.  The past 2 nights she had a 7 hour stretch, which was wonderful!
She is still very wiggly and is constantly moving her arms and legs.
She loves her binky at times, and at other times wants nothing to do with it.
She loves being in the moby wrap,and will almost always fall asleep as soon as I put her in it.
She is smiling so much now.
  When we are talking to her and stick out our tongue she will always start sticking her tongue too.
She loves to be around people, and is perfectly content as long as there are people around.  When she realizes she is alone in a room, she starts fussing until we come back, or pick her up.


The kids have adjusted amazingly well to having Scarlett around.  They are so sweet with her, and there has never been any jealousy.  I am loving seeing them build a special relationship with her.  

We sure do love our baby girl =)





5 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

I sure do love your baby girl, too! How lucky I am to get to see and hold her every day. She is so precious and just the perfect addition to your wonderful family.Love you all so much!

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

I'm dying, seriously. I want to meet her SO badly. That is so sad that she has to get physical therapy, I hope that it goes well! I'm sure she will love the Bumbo soon--we just got Jack one. Happy two months, sweet, sweet Scarlett

Anonymous said...

I love all pictures of Scarlett. I'm glad that I can at least see her in pictures! I can't wait to meet her :)

I hope everything goes well with her physical therapy!

AJ and Cindy said...

What a sweet girl! I have heard of lots of babies that have that thing where they favor one side, I am glad you are getting her into therapy though. That pic of her and Brandon is so sad! But she looks beautiful!

Kristalyn said...

She is such a cutie! I love her smile! You guys are so observant to notice her turning her head and I'm glad she's getting the help she needs. I can't believe I still haven't met her! :( Keep the pictures coming! :)