Thursday, June 12, 2008

Birthday Pictures!!

What a fun time we had yesterday as we celebrated Alexis's 7th Birthday. She was so excited to turn 7 years old, and had been counting down the days until her Birthday. Early in the day Grandma Barker, Aunt Katie and Uncle Michael came over to give her a Birthday present. She waited by the window for about 45 minutes when she found out they were coming.


A while back Alexis was over at Grandma's house, and her and Katie found a pink Furby online. Alexis had to have it! Katie was so sweet and ordered it for her Birthday. Alexis was so excited when she saw it. It kept us all entertained, as she learned how to talk to it. She is excited to bring it over to Grandma and Grandpa's house the next time we go, because Michael has a Furby and now they can talk to each other =)
They stayed for a while to visit, and Grandma pushed Alexis on the a swing. I love this picture of them.
Here is Alexis at her birthday table. As soon as Brandon got home from work she got to open her presents from us.





Here she is trying out her new scooter. She has been wanting one of these for a while. She has had only had a few minor crashes so far.
That night we had Alexis's Birthday party. She invited three of her friends to go and get mini manicures and pedicures. We went to Englewood Beauty College, because they do Birthday Parties for little girls. They had so much fun! Here they are all soaking their feet. (Tori was very excited that she got to come too.)
Here are some cute pictures I took. It was so funny to sit and listen to their little conversations as they were getting their nails done.






Alexis has always had a hard time sitting still while she waits for her nails to dry. This time was no different. She had to get her big toe re-painted 3 times, because she kept touching it to see if it was dry when we weren't looking. I snapped this picture while she was waiting for her fingernails to dry. My sister Katie was the one who told me about this place, because she got her hair done their for prom. Thanks Katie for the great idea!
Afterwards we headed to Red Robin for some dinner. By this time the girls were totally giggly. We were glad there weren't too many people sitting near us! Here they all are sitting at the table getting ready to order.
Here she is opening her presents from her friends. She was so excited.

Here she is giving her friend Kityra a big hug after opening up the present from her. (a new Hannah Montanna shirt!)
It was freezing cold in the restaurant so the girls got in a big huddle to stay warm.
It was such a fun, (tiring) night. As I was driving home one of her friends said, "This is the best Birthday party I have ever been too! Today, Alexis still can't stop talking about how much fun she had. She keeps randomly coming up to me and giving me big hugs, and saying thank you. Things like that make it all worth the craziness of it all.
**Nana was having surgery yesterday so her and Papa couldn't come down. They came down last week though, and totally surprised Alexis with a Nintendo DS. She has had so much fun playing it. She is also excited that her and Michael can play their DS's at the same time now.

11 comments:

Katie said...

ha ha you know how i said that i accidently wrote Tori twice on my last post? Well read the beginning of this post :-D he he. It looks like they had so much fun! I'm glad that the beauty shop worked out so well :) All these pictures are sooo cute!

Britt said...

I can't believe Lexi is 7 already! What a fun idea for a birthday party.

Diana said...

Lol! I can't believe I did the same thing Katie! I changed it. Thanks for pointing that out. =)

Babzanne Barker said...

What a wonderful day! I'm so glad that Lexi had such a fun birthday and you have such great pictures to remember it by.

Z. Marie said...

How cool! I thought the mani/pedi party was the best, but Laura seemed more interested in the Nintendo DS.

Katie said...

hey cortney told me that karly and dann had a blog but when i tried to look at it, it said itw as private :( you should tell her to add me to her list :-D

Natalie Francis said...

She is so darn cute and what a fun birthday party! Happy Birthday!

Kristalyn said...

Lexi is the cutest...I especially like how she was still excited and happy the next day! I can't believe she's going to be in 2nd grade!

Annie said...

That is the cutest idea for a little girl's birthday party. How fun! I can't believe Lexi is 7. She's such a doll!

Kari said...

What a fun party, perfect for little girls :) I can't believe she is 7, I can remember visiting you at your apartment when she was just a little baby a few months old. Wow, so muich has happened in that time. I love that your little family is doing so well. I'm so happy for you.

Beth said...

Diana, your kids are so adorable. I read your blog frequently, but don't comment nearly often enough. I can tell that you're just the best mom. What a fun birthday!!