Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Planting Flowers at the Temple

This past Saturday we had the opportunity to go to the temple and plant flowers with our ward. I debated going because I had so much to get done, but in the end I decided that it would be a good experience for the kids. Brandon had to work, so he didn't get to come with us. Here is Alexis planting some flowers. She got right in there all by herself and didn't need hardly any help. (Notice she is wearing her medal from field day) Here is Tori. She loved planting flowers most of all. She also loved collecting all of the little tags from all of the flowers. She was very sad when we had to leave. She said, "mommy, I just love planting flowers at the temple."
Here is Levi patting down the soil around a flower. He liked it at first but after a few flowers he lost interest. He thought it was more fun to smoosh the flowers once they were planted. I put an end to that fast.
I am glad that we took the time to come to this fun family activity. There is always a sweet spirit at the temple, even just on the temple grounds. Hopefully we can go back again next year!

0 comments: