Friday, May 30, 2008

Last day of school

Alexis has been counting down the days until her last day of school, and today was finally the last day. Since her birthday is a week after school gets out, her teacher said that we could bring treats and celebrate it today. Alexis wanted chocolate donuts. We bought some this morning and then went a little early to bring them into her classroom. I was glad that we did because it gave me a chance to talk to Alexis's teacher and tell her how much we appreciated her this year and how much we would miss her. Alexis gave her a present too, and I took a picture. Her teacher (Mrs. Griffith) started to get all teary, and she told Alexis how much she would miss her. She said she calls Alexis her little "mini me." (Her name is Alexis too). At the end of the day I picked up Alexis fully expecting her to be excited and ready for the summer. But I was greeted with a sad little face. When we got home Alexis started to sob, and climbed in my lap. She said that she was going to miss Mrs. Griffith so much. I remember crawling into my mom's lap and crying when I was in 2nd grade, when a teacher that I loved left to go to another school. I still remember the sadness I felt. I am so glad that Alexis had such a great teacher and a great year

6 comments:

Aspen said...

We are also counting down the days to the end of school. I HATE half day kindergarten and can't wait for next year. 4 more days for us. Does Tori start kindergarten this year or next?

AJ and Cindy said...

That is so cute that lexi loves her teacher so much! I bet she loved her present! I noticed that her teacher has a matching belt...hahaha

Natalie Francis said...

It is amazing how much influence a teacher can have in even the youngest students. Such a cute story.

Z. Marie said...

What a cute photo! Laura doesn't get out of school until the end of June -- and I'm doubting she's going to cry over any teachers ...

Katie said...

aww Lexi is so cute! i can't believe she is in second grade now!

Britt said...

What a sweet story.

Diana, I love your hair! Who did you go to?