Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Field Day

I have so much blogging to catch up with, I just need to sit down and do it! I will start with Alexis's field day. Last Friday was Alexis's field day. The theme was "Survivor", and each of the classes had a different colored shirt and a different Tribe name. Alexis's tribe was name Kalapike, and they had white shirts. Here she is all ready to go before school. Tori and Levi were very excited to be able to come and watch. All of the kids got a tattoo to wear and Alexis wanted hers on her face. I finally gave in, but when she got to school and noticed that none of the other kids had theirs on their face she quickly wiped it off. Silly girl. There were a number of different events. Some of them were individual and some of them were team events. (they were competing against the other 1st grade classes). Here is Alexis in the racing event. She came in third, but she would have been 1st or second, if one of her classmates didn't cut her off at the bend =)
Here she is on the timed run around the bases. She got second fastest in her group. (sorry it's kind of blurry.)

Here is one of the team events. They had to see who could stand on the can the longest. I just realized that I uploaded the wrong picture. I had a close up of Alexis on her can, but I am too lazy to change it. She is in the back of this picture. If you click on it you may be able to see better. She fell off towards the beginning, but she was such a great sport about it.
Here is another team event. They had to stand bare foot in a little wading pool. On the bottom of the pool there were marbles, and they had to pick up as many marbles with their feet at they could and drop them in the bucket. Alexis was on a roll! She mastered picking up several at a time!
Here is Alexis's whole class at the end of the day. Alexis is standing right next to her teacher. She has loved her teacher, Mrs. Griffith, so much this year, and her class. She is a little social butterfly, and has made a lot of great friends. Hopefully she will have a few of them in her class next year, but since there are 5 2nd grade classes who knows!
Here is Alexis wiped out at home after a long hot day. She got a silver medal for the day. She was so excited, and wore it for the next few days.
Although it was a long tiring day, I was glad that I could go and watch. I was so proud of Alexis, not only because she did great, but more importantly because she was such a great sport the whole day! There were quite a few tears throughout the day from her fellow classmates, when they didn't do as well as they hoped, but never once did Alexis stop smiling. Even when she was one of the first ones to fall off her can. She had so much fun, and that's what is the most important thing. At the end of the day, she said, "This has been the best day ever!"

2 comments:

Kristalyn said...

I loved this post! Lexi is so cute!! Her field day looks a lot funner than any that we used to have, I think that our gym teacher was too competitive! I especially love the last picture, she looks so worn out, but like she had the best day!

Cierra said...

What a cool thing for a class to do. I bet you had so much fun watching and taking pictures! I think it is funny Alexis wiped her tattoo off when she got to school, it is so cute, and totally reminds me of grade school!