Thursday, January 16, 2014

Christmas Eve

Christmas is always such a fun and exciting time. Especially with kids. This year was a little different. The closer we got to Christmas, the closer we got to moving, which was an overwhelming thought. Once Christmas Eve came, we decided to put out of our minds all the cleaning and last minute packing that still needed to be done, and just focus on having a good Christmas, and last few days with our families. Christmas Eve morning, we went with my family to see the mo vie, Frozen. It was sooo cute! We loved it, and it was fun to spend some time with my family. After that I had to run a few last minute Christmas errands, and then around 3pm we headed over to Jeremy and Tisha's house for our annual Christmas Even party. It was fun to have it in their new home. We played games, ate yummy food, had our ornament exchange, opened pj's and hung out. We stayed until around 10pm, prolonging it as long as possible because we knew when we left we would have to say goodbye to Jeremy, Tisha, Nikelle and Tallyn. It was a hard tearful goodbye. We are really going to miss them.  Here are some pictures that I took throughout the night. Levi's face in a lot of the pictures totally cracks me up, and is a peek inside to his goofball personality =)



Opening ornaments from Nana








 I love how Nana is always right down there with the kids







Grandma Simmons wrote everyone individual letters. They were all so touching and heartfelt, definitely a treasure!



It took Tisha and I forever to melt all the chocolate for the chocolate fountain. And then it lasted for about 20 minutes, and we were done! lol



 Scarlett was so cute opening presents this year.


 Scarlett's Christmas Eve pajamas came with matching ones for her doll, which I thought she would love. She was actually kind of creeped out by it, and insisted we take them off the doll, shortly after this picture.
 I love Christmas Eve jammie pictures in front of the Christmas tree.


 Our little family drew names and each bought a gift for the person that we drew. When we got home we opened those. Everyone always gets so excited about picking out their present for the person they drew for.  Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures=( 

My mom also had given Brandon and I a present with instructions to open it on Christmas eve. We were so excited and touched to find blankets that she made us to keep us warm in Idaho =)





Scarlett fell asleep on the way home from Jeremy and Tisha's so here are the other three with their cookies for Santa. 


It was a great Christmas Eve spent with family. It was bittersweet knowing we would be leaving in a few days, but we tried not to focus on that and just enjoy each other =)


2 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

Diana, I loved this blog! I thought I wrote a comment when I read it last week, but apparently it didn't go through or else I got distracted (really?? what a surprise!) Anyway, it made me laugh and cry, and I'm so glad your last Christmas Eve before moving could be so fun and memorable. I'm also glad you and Brandon liked your blankets--they really were made with love by Michael, Dad, Cindy,and me. I am so glad so many people who love you could help! We miss you! We miss you! Can't wait for next Christmas!!

Babzanne Barker said...

That second We miss you! was supposed to say We love you! :)