Monday, December 5, 2011

29 Weeks

I figured it is way past time for a pregnancy update.  In this picture I am 29 weeks and 4 days pregnant. I actually cropped this picture from one that we took when trying to get a family picture for our Christmas card.  Brandon thought my belly needed to be showing in the picture, so he positioned everyone pretty much on one side and then me on the other.  Lets just say, that none of the pictures with that pose made it onto the card. 

I can not believe that I am in my 3rd trimester.  This pregnancy has been a tough one, and at times it has felt like the days were going by so slowly. But to be at this point and to know that I am in the home stretch, makes me feel like it has gone by so fast!

Right now as far as sickness goes, I am feeling really great.  I hardly ever feel nauseous and haven't thrown up in a long time!  That is quite an accomplishment for me! I am still taking the unisom at night to help with the nausea.  I tried not to take it one night, and the next day I felt awful, so I think I will stick with it for now.

I definitely can feel the strain that pregnancy is putting on my body.  I get out of breath very quickly and move much slower then usual!  At nights I have to rotate from my left side to my right side every half hour or so.  I have started to get these annoying pains in my legs at night.  They just feel really sore and uncomfortable, almost like a growing pain and I can't ever seem to find a comfortable position to make them feel better.  With my other pregnancies, I have always gotten really bad charlie horses in my legs.  I am happy to say that I have figured out a way to stop them right as I feel one coming on.  I just flex my foot, and it instantly goes away!

 Another thing that has started to show up is heartburn.  I always get it pretty badly towards the end of my pregnancies, and was hoping that wouldn't happen this time.  Unfortunately it has come back with a vengeance.  I keep a bottle of TUMS right by my bed and as soon as I feel it coming on I pop one right in, and almost every time it immediately goes away.  What would I do without TUMS!

We had a little scare over Thanksgiving weekend.  A few days before Thanksgiving I started to feel a lot of pressure, and I felt like I was having a lot more braxton hicks then usual.  On Friday it was seeming to get worse.  Every time I would walk the pressure would get so bad that it felt like the baby was going to fall right out!  In the late afternoon I decided I would lay down to see if I felt any better.  As I was laying down I started to feel several contractions.  I decided to time them, and after having 7 in one hour we decided I better call my doctor.  The on call doctor said I needed to come in to the hospital right away to make sure I wasn't having pre-term labor.  Alexis was at Tallyn's house, and so we decided to just take Tori and Levi in with us to the hospital.  It felt all too familiar.  When I was 28 weeks with Tori I ended up going into preterm labor, and I was 28 weeks this time too, so I thought for sure the same thing was happening.  When I got there they hooked me up to the machines to monitor the baby.  She was moving all over the place, and that was a relief to see.  I kept having contractions as I was laying there, but they weren't showing up as contractions, just as irritations.  But they were pretty painful, so I was sure the machine wasn't working properly, lol.  They did a test that is supposed to determine if you will go into labor within the next two weeks.  That came back negative, which was also a relief.  But I still had no answers to why I was feeling so much pressure and having contractions.They decided to check for a UTI, and sure enough that's what it was!  I guess the irritation in the bladder causes the uterus to contract, and can also cause the pressure feelings.  I was so glad to know what was wrong, and to know that I wasn't just going crazy.  So they sent me on my way with an antibiotic.  It actually got worse before it got better, but after about 3 days I was finally feeling back to normal (well as normal as you can feel while pregnant!)

So now we are counting down the days until out sweet baby girl arrives.  I feel like once Christmas has past, it will go by a lot faster.  I am so grateful to be feeling good, and that things are going well.  When I don't feel miserable I actually enjoy being pregnant! I love feeling each and every one of her kicks.  They are so reasurring, and they never get old.

I will try to do a few more updates before she arrives.  I am so excited to hold my sweet little baby girl =)

5 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I love the picture! You look so good and your bump is so cute! I am so glad things are going better now, I can't imagine still feeling sick this far, 20 weeks was enough for me! :) I am glad you weren't going into labor, too...so grateful things worked out!

Daniel said...

Awww you are soooo cute! i can't wait for see ya :)

Clement Park Ward Youth Trek said...

You look so cute! I get really bad leg pains if I lay on my right side for too long--I can't even move my leg! It sounds like what you get. I hope you don't have any more scares and she gets here at the right time!

Tammy said...

Oh Diana, your post brought back so many memories of my pregnancies. It sure isn't easy bringing these little sweethearts into the world. You're such a trooper and are getting so close! I'm excited for you! I'm glad that everything ended well with your hospital visit over Thanksgiving. And I agree with the others... you look cute. :)

Mars said...

You look so cute! You and your sisters look so good pregnant! I'm glad everything is ok with you and baby girl :)