Friday, January 21, 2011

Once Upon a Lilly Pad

Alexis and Tori have been in a musical theatre class for the past little while and a few weeks ago, they had their first performance! It was called Once Upon a Lilly pad. They were so excited and nervous but they did so good, and were so much fun to watch. Alexis was a firefly and a bird, and Tori was an alligator. They worked so hard on their parts and they did great! The parents weren't allowed to watch rehearsals so we didn't know at all what to expect.

Here is Alexis and one of her friends after the show


Here are our two cuties. They were so cute to watch! When their parts came up I was grinning ear to ear. I was so proud of them! Especially of our sweet shy Tori who said her part perfectly. A few weeks before the performance, one of the girls in their class dropped out, so Alexis got her part. It included a solo. She sounded so pretty as she sang it! =)
The girls good friends Kayla and Haylee Beyerlein are in their class with them, and they all had a blast together.





We took a ton of pictures afterwards, and finally had to leave because another class was starting.



The girls had a lot of people cheering them on that night. They were so happy that Grandma, Grandpa, Michael, Nana and Papa all came to support them.



Here they are with their teacher. She was so much fun and the girls just love her.

A new session starts tomorrow. The girls are so excited to continue on and can't wait to find out what their next performance will be. Neither can I! =)

7 comments:

Katie said...

Wow that lipstick is bright! And--did Alexis get braces?! When did that happen?

I wish I could have seen it! Did you take any video of it?

AJ and Cindy said...

I was thinking the same thing about Lexi and the braces {in fact, I just text you about it} I liked enlarged every picture of her to see if that's what I saw LOL but they look sooooo cute! I wish I could have come and watched them! we miss you guys

Diana said...

Yes Alexis got braces about a week before the performance. I am way behind on my blogging! I video taped the whole thing, but when i watched it, it made me motion sickbecause it was so wobblt! lol

Tammy said...

They look adorable in their costumes. How fun for them! Alexis' friend looks just like a girl in Michael's class. Is her name Annie?

Babzanne Barker said...

That was such a wonderful, fun night. We were so proud of the girls!!

Lynsey said...

What a fun time!! The girls looked so cute in their costumes.

Kristalyn said...

I can tell they were the stars of the show! THey are getting so grown up looking! I wish we could have been there. I can't believe Lexie is old enough to have braces! Wow. She looks so cute!