Sunday, January 2, 2011

Handmade with Love

I am an activity days leader inour ward. we planned a Santa's workshop for the girls this year.We provided tons of different materials and ideas, and they were left to use their own imaginations to create presents for each of their family members. It turned out to be such a fun activity. Alexis loved creating her gifts. She was so excited to put her gifts for us under the tree. Seeing how much she enjoyed this, I thought it would be fun to have the other kids participate as well. They each got to make a present for each other that would be opened o Christmas eve. I didn't get many pictures, because they really did everything on their own. But since I had to help Levi a little I got a few pictures of him making necklaces for his sisters.

Since Alexis already had her gifts made, she decided to make presents for some of her cousins. She put a lot of thought into each one, and did them all on her own. She made mittens for Benji.....

Coloring books for Mason and Carter........



And dolls for Kacianna and Lyla. I loved how happy Alexis was as she watched each of her cousins open their present.




On Christmas eve, after we got home from Nana and Papa's house the kids were so excited to exchange gifts. Alexis made Tori a potpourri sachet and Levi some reindeer food for him to sprinkle on the lawn. Tori made Alexis a bracelet and painted Levi a wooden figure of an airplane. Levi made Alexis and Tori both necklaces. Hre they all are with their gifts.



This was such a fun new tradition that I hope we will keep up over the years. It was so much fun and so meaningful for them to create their handmade gifts for each other. It was a wonderful start to Christmas =)

6 comments:

Mars said...

what a great idea. Start em young. Nothing is better than a homemade gift! Too cute

AJ and Cindy said...

I love that idea, I hope to do that tradition some time when we have enough kids! LOL Lyla loves her doll, I think it is the sweetest thing!

Celeste said...

I love how excited she was to give her gifts out. Making something special is so meaningful too! Very good ideas too.

Lynsey said...

That is so sweet! I love that she was so excited about making and giving her presents.

Babzanne Barker said...

That is the best tradition ever! You are such a good mom!

Katie said...

I love this idea! I'm glad you started it with your kids. Lexi is so cute with all of her handmade gifts!