Saturday, January 1, 2011

A December Wedding

On December 22nd. My little sister Katie was married to a great guy! Forrest Clark. What a special and fun day it was. Katie met Forrest a year ago at school. He is so perfect for her and a great addition to our family. I had the pleasure of helping to plan a lot of the wedding with my mom. Katie has been dreaming of her wedding since she was little and had a lot of the details planned out in her mind. With her being in Utah at school, it was up to my mom and I to make sure all those details came together just as she dreamed for them to be. It was a lot of work (especially for my mom), but so much fun, and the day turned out so wonderfully! Katie was simply beaming all day long. She was truly a glowing bride and it was so touching to see her so happy and in love.





Alexis and Tori were so thrilled when Katie asked them to be junior bridesmaids. When Alexis found out that she wouldn't be able to attend the actual ceremony in the Temple, she was devastated. We were able to have several conversations about the Temple and what a sacred and special place it is, and a place that she should always strive to go to some day. She was very excited when we told her that when she was 12 she would be able to go there to do baptisms. After the ceremony as Katie was getting ready to come out of the Temple, Alexis and Tori waited anxiously outside. They held her bouquet all ready to hand it to her as she came out. I love this picture of them standing and looking towards the Temple doors. As they stood there a couple walked out. Alexis said to them, "Can you open that door a little wider so I can see in? I can't go in until I am 12!" What a tender moment. I hope that she will always be excited and look forward to attending the Temple someday.
























Being a December wedding, it was quite cold outside! The sun was shining but boy was it freezing! The kids were such good sports as we took pictures outside the of the Temple.


Daniel and Charbel had to take turns standing with Benji the the annex, because he was shivering so much =(




We are so happy for Katie and Forrest. Katie has always been such a wonderful example to me. Although she is 7 years younger to me, I look up to her so much. As she was in high school she had her share of trials, and I found my heart breaking for her as she went through some of the things that she went through. What impressed me so much was how her faith and testimony never wavered. She was never afraid to stand up for what she believed in, and was such a shining light amidst the darkness. As I watched her go through the Temple and be sealed to Forrest, I just knew that her faithfulness had paid off and she was being blessed for her faith. I have never seen her so happy. It was a true pure happiness. We love you Katie and Forrest. Congratulations!!

6 comments:

Mars said...

how sweet. Your kids are darling and how fun for them to be apart of Katie's wedding. You Barker girls are such good examples to me! Looks like everything turned out great. She looked beautiful!

AJ and Cindy said...

you are so good at detailing things so well! I loved your recap, you got some great pictures, too!

Celeste said...

I love that story about your girls wanting to go in the temple. That is so tender. They looked darling too!

Tammy said...

What a wonderful entry Diana! The photos of your kids turned out so well. I especially love the one of the girls looking towards the temple doors. You're doing a great job teaching them about the importance of the temple. I'm glad it was such a special day for your family. Katie looks so happy! :)

Babzanne Barker said...

Wonderful blog with such beautiful pictures of everyone!

Katie said...

Thanks for writing this blog and posting all those pictures. It was so sweet, and I'm so grateful that you helped mom so much. The wedding was more beautiful than I could have imagined. Thank you for always being such a wonderful support to me during all those harder times, you have no idea how much you've helped me! I love yoU!