Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lately....

Here's the basket of medicine that has been sitting on our counter for the past weekThere are prescriptions, cough medicines, Advil, herbal oils, vitamins and inhalers. All things that we have needed on a regular basis at our house lately, and I am so OVER it! It started last Saturday when I developed a sore throat and it has been downhill from there. We have had sore throats, stomach aches, headaches, croup, and high fevers, one after another. Just when I think things are looking up, another fever hits. Alexis has had a fever since Wednesday, Levi's finally broke today, and right before bed tonight Tori starting running one. Alexis and Levi have both had chest x-rays. Thankfully it is not pneumonia. The doctor tells us it's a bad case of the flu, which doesn't looking to be letting up any time soon.

Today, Brandon was feeling much better, and so he was so sweet to let me rest all day while he took care of the kids. I am feeling a lot better now, and hopefully I'm on the up end of it.

We are feeling so stir crazy and cooped up! The kids have a four day weekend thankfully, so we've just been able to lounge around and relax. But after a while that gets old! I told the kids that we are going on a walk around the lake so we can get some fresh air. We just have to get out of this house!

Next year we will be getting flu shots!

5 comments:

Lynsey said...

Bummer!! :( I sure hope you guys are on the mend and glad the kids don't have pheumonia. This bug sure is a nasty one.

Babzanne Barker said...

Hang in there, sweet family!! Hopefully you will all be feeling better soon! Love you lots, Mom

Tammy said...

I know the feeling! Don't you just want to open all the windows, air out the house and wash all the bedding! I hope you guys can get back to normal life soon. My kids got the flu shots this year but we've still been sick. Take Care!

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry! This is the worst year for sickness ever, and even our friends who did flu shots are sick. In fact, they've been even worse off. So sad. I hope Girl Scout cookies can console you in this time of blah. :) They certainly lifted our spirits today as we were confined to the house. :)

Kristalyn said...

I hate hearing my kids cough, I think it is probably one of the worst sicknesses and poor little Levi always gets so bad. :( I hope you guys get feeling better soon. Yuck!