Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sock Hop

Last night Alexis and Brandon were able to go to the Activity Days Daddy Daughter sock hop. They had so much fun! Since I am one of the Activity Days leaders in our ward I got to help plan it, and I helped there that night. Here they are all dressed up and ready to go

When they first got there, a motorcycle was set up in the gym. The dads and daughters got to sit on it together and get their picture taken. After that they had a dinner of hamburgers, french fries and vegetables. We had a really big turn out and didn't have quite enough food, so halfway through dinner I had to make a mad dash to King Soopers to pick up more hamburger buns and ketchup. I got a few weird looks while I was there, and then I realized I probably looked pretty silly with my pants rolled up, scarf in my hair, and "Shirley" name tag on, lol. Oh well!

After dinner everyone took turns rotating through different stations. The different stations were:

  • hula hoop contest
  • dad's paint daughters finger nails
  • guess your daddy's nose and your daughter's toes
  • dance contest
  • relays
  • decorate a picture frame (which was the station our ward was in charge of). It was so much fun to see the dad's help their daughters with their frames. The dad's were really getting into it!

They ended the night with root beer floats and more dancing. It was so fun to be able to be there and see all the fun they were having. Today while I was doing Alexis's hair she said, "Last night was the best night of my life!" I'm so glad that they got the chance to have a fun night out together. Tori is counting down the days until she is in activity days so she can go =)

6 comments:

Celeste said...

How cute are they!? I love Alexis' outfit and the whole night sounds like it went really well.

Mars said...

How fun! I loved doing fun stuff like that!

Lynsey said...

Oh what a fun thing for them to do together and they looked so CUTE!

Kristalyn said...

THat sounds like such a fun activity! I'm glad that they got into it and had fun!

AJ and Cindy said...

that sounds like fun! I wish you had a picture of you though! haha

Babzanne Barker said...

I was just going to say that we needed to see a picture of you, too! Haha!! I'm a little teary though from reading Lexi's sweet comment--what a great activity and it will mean so much to her in years to come to see the blog and have all those fun memories come back to her.