Monday, October 5, 2009

Meeting Lyla

This past weekend I was able to travel to Salt Lake to meet my brand new adorable niece, Lyla Delcie Maudsley, who was born to my sister and brother in law, Cindy and AJ on September 26th. What a wonderful and special weekend I had holding and snuggling with this little bundle of joy: When my sister, Kristalyn had both of her cute boys, I was so lucky to be able to go straight to the hospital and see them, and then continue to see them regularly. That is until they too moved to Utah this past year =(. I can't even tell you how hard it was not being there to run to the hospital when I received the text that Cindy was in labor. I waited anxiously by the phone all day to hear the play by plays. It worked out perfectly for me to travel to Utah this weekend. As soon as Cindy answered the door, and I saw Lyla's cute tiny little baby head peeking around the corner, I was in heaven! Lyla is so precious, and I couldn't not get enough of her all weekend. Here is a picture of me right after I got there, holding her for the first time.

It was nice to be able to just relax all weekend, and visit with Cindy, AJ and sweet Lyla, and help out with things. I was able to help Cindy give her a bath one day.Here is a picture I snapped of her right as I was carrying her to her bedroom after the bath.Here is Cindy getting her dressed. It was so fun to see both Cindy and AJ and how well they have taken to being parents already. Lyla is one lucky little girl to have such wonderful parents who love her so much.


My parents along with Michael and Daniel drove up to Utah that weekend as well so that my brothers and dad could attend the priesthood session on Saturday night. They were so excited to meet Lyla for the first time as too. I love this picture of my mom seeing her for the first time. Cindy looks like such a proud mommy, and my mom looks like such a proud grandma =)
Here are some more pictures I took that weekend. I am so glad that I was able to go and spend a few days with them. I will treasure that! On Sunday morning I was able to hold and rock Lyla for a few hours so Cindy and AJ could sleep in for a little while. What a treat that was to be able to spend that one on one time with her!





As I was sitting on the couch shortly before I left to go back home, I realized the next time I see her she will be two months old and so much bigger! I am so glad that I got to see Lyla in her brand new newborn stage. It is so hard not living close to all of my family! Kristalyn is expecting a baby girl in January. I think I just might have to plan another trip out here!



Congratulations Cindy and AJ! You are such amazing parents already. Thank you so much for opening your home to me this weekend so I could meet sweet Lyla. What a sweetheart she is!

5 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

your post made me cry, it was so sweet! I love all the pictures you captured, you got some good ones!! we loved having you here and are so lucky you made the sacrifice to leave your own family and come stay with us. Lyla misses you already (and we do, too) we can't wait for Thanksgiving to see you again!! we love you!

. said...

I have to say, she is seriously one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! Totally cuter than my own (seriously!! but really, I don't think my newborns were all that cute. . .NOW though. . .=) What a fun trip for you!

Mars said...

how fun. Lyla is so stinkin cute! What sweet pictures. That's nice you were able to go visit so soon & see her as a newborn.

Celeste said...

That is one gorgeous baby girl! I'm so glad you were able to go and see your sweet new, niece- and her parents too. =)

Jamie W said...

Fun pictures! Lyla is such a beautiful baby!