Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Birthday Boy

This past Friday was Levi's 4th birthday. We had a fun few days celebrating with him. He was so excited for his birthday. He woke up bright and early to go check out his loot. Brandon has been wanting to get Levi a tool bench for a while now, and and few weeks ago came across this great one for a great deal. Levi was thrilled when he saw it, and has had so much fun playing with it.

We usually only let the kids open one present in the morning, but since he didn't really have to open the tool bench, we let him open up another one.


On Friday, the kids had no school, so I told Levi he could pick whatever he wanted us to do that day. He chose to go to The House of Bounce. I unfortunately didn't get out my camera while we were there, but the kids (and Brandon) had a great time bouncing around on all sorts of bouncy castles for a couple of hours. Later that night we invited our families over for a family celebration. I love how happy Levi looks =)




Saturday morning Levi had a "spiderman" party with a few of his little buddies. I was stressing out that no one was going to come, because I hadn't heard from anyone, so I made a few phone calls the day before, and we ended up with 5 little boys which was plenty! They started out in our back yard jumping in our bouncy castle while we waited for everyone to arrive. Then they came inside and decorated a bag with spider stickers, put on their spiderman masks, and got ready to go on a spider hunt! Here they are right as they are about to start the hunt.
We let them loose in our front room to go on the spider hunt. I hid hundreds of different kinds of plastic spiders all over, and they had a blast finding them I actually just ended up throwing them all over the ground, because I underestimated how many I had bought.



After the hunt, they had some pizza for lunch, and then it was back to the backyard for more playing and a pinata.




Here is my attempt at some spiderman cupcakes.

We played one more game, (Pin the spider on the web) and then we finished up with presents. His friends were very generous, and he ended up with a lot of fun new things to play with.


We were happy with how the party turned out, and so was Levi! After a weekend full of celebrations we were all exhausted! We love Levi so much. Our family would not be complete without him =) I can't believe my baby is 4 years old!!

5 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

you are such a great mommy, that looks like such a fun party and birthday!! levi looks so happy!

Kristalyn said...

You guys have a jumpy castle? What lucky kids! I'm so glad that Levi had such a great birthday. You sure made it special for him. I'm so sad that we couldn't be there, especially Mason, to help celebrate. :(

Celeste said...

Those are some great cupcakes! And waht fun activities for those little guys. You guys celebrate Birthdays in such fun ways.

Babzanne Barker said...

Yes, you should definitely write a book of birthday party ideas! What a fun party!

Mars said...

what a cute party!