Saturday, February 23, 2008

Our Sweet Tori

I just had to sit down and write a story about our sweet little Tori. She has always been so kindhearted and giving. That was just proven more today. She went to her little preschool friend, Ryan's birthday party. At the party they went on a "dinosaur hunt", and got a lot of "dinosaur eggs" filled with candy and other little goodies. She had two bags full of yummy treats, little dinosaurs, and some jewelry. The whole way home she showed me everything in her bag. She then went on to show me all of the things that she was going to give to Alexis and Levi. When we got home she ran straight upstairs and gave them several of her items in her bag. She then came down and gave both Brandon and I a candy bar as well. I said, "Oh Tori you don't have to give us anything. This is your stuff". As cute as ever she said, "It's ok Mom, I have plenty." When she was done sharing all she had left was a few little dinosaurs, one box of nerds, and a little hair thing. She wasn't upset at all! She was so happy to share, and I was so proud of her. Another cute story showing how sweet she is happened a few days ago. Levi and her were coloring in the kitchen. Tori suddenly came running in frantically, telling me that Levi had colored all over the wall. I ran in, and this is what I saw:
I started to go and get a washcloth to clean it up. (after putting Levi on timeout. It was the second time that happened that day. The first time it was all over the floor and door. You think I would have learned my lesson and not let him color anymore, but I totally thought he wouldn't do it again!) As I was getting the washcloth wet Tori said, "Mom, I will clean it for you", and that she did! She cleaned the whole wall all by herself.
Tori has such a tender heart and is always thinking of others. =)

8 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I love my Tori! She really is always so sweet, I love when I do art projects with her because she is always so willing to share all her stuff! one more week and we see you all!

Katie said...

She is so sweet and has such a kind heart :-) She always knows just what to do to make someone feel better

Linsi said...

This is such a cute story--what a sweet girl you have!

Kristalyn said...

When I was over there on Valentine's Day, she kept giving Mason, Levi, and I all of her candy, too! What a sweetheart!

Babzanne Barker said...

What a sweetheart--she reminds me of another little girl I used to know. :)

Bethany said...

May I borrow your little girl for a week? She is so cute!

Cierra said...

What a sweetie! I hope Alyssa grows up to be just like Tori :) You are lucky to have such giving little girl! She's a keeper!

. said...

Your kiddos are so cute, Diana. You can tell they have a really good mom! I do use the Mother Goose Time program, and I am liking it a lot. I supplement a little bit - I do some things they were doing at her "real" school and I do some things that I have in my old teaching files, but for the most part I stick to the program and we really like it. Sami would love to come and play some day - it's so nice of you to offer, I know you're really busy with other kids often! I hope that's going well for you!