Saturday, October 6, 2007

Western Day



Last week was Western Day at Tori's preschool. As I stated in an earlier post, Tori has been learning several songs that they were going to sing to the parents. The morning of Western Day came, and I got Tori all dressed and ready to go. She wore a jean skirt, white shirt, cowgirl boots, and a purple bandana tied aroung her neck. She was excited and happy all morning long. Then...the nerves hit. As we got into the car, to drive to school she suddenly developed a stomach ache."mommy, I can't sing, I just need to stay home", is what I heard over and over as we drove. I tried to reasure her that everything would be ok, but nothing I said seemed to calm her nerves. The bandanna around her neck started to itch her so she ripped it off. I thought for sure we were doomed. I gave her a pep talk, and told her, that when she was up there, to just look at me, and just sing to me, and pretend like no one else was there. By the time we got there she was feeling better, and she even let me put the bandanna back on. The little program wasn't until the end, sp I left her there and returned early for the program. She was so cute sitting on the end of the bench. Miss Patti had a fake campfire and they pretended to roast marshmallow over it. Then came time for the songs. The music started, and I could see the fear set in on Tori's face. I just smiled big at her, and she looked right at me the whole time. She may have only gotten a few words out, but I was so proud of her, and I could see that she was proud of herself too. It has been so fun to see her slowly start to come out of her shell. She brings such happiness to our life =)

6 comments:

Kristalyn said...

Tori is such a cute cowgirl! And good for her for getting up and singing, even though she was afraid. :)

Kari said...

Cute pictures :) I love the new background on your blog, where did you get it from? Oh,a nd have you heard if Karly had her baby yet?

Beth said...

Tori is precious, and I love reading your posts! I have to know - how did you do all of the cool stuff to spice up your blog? Please tell!

Diana said...

Click on Cindy and Aj's blog, on my blog list, and she has a link on the side of her blogs, that has all sorts of cute blog layouts. I was so excited to find it, because I was getting tired of my layout. =)

Diana said...

oh, and yes Kari, Karly had her baby. She had it at the end of August. She's so cute, but has colic pretty bad =(. Brittny is due next month!

Bethany said...

That is so cute that she was nervous!